Who pocket carries a Baby Glock???

This is a discussion on Who pocket carries a Baby Glock??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a pocket pistol and am probably going to buy a J frame. Bugt for various reasons I wont go into...I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who pocket carries a Baby Glock???

I have been looking for a pocket pistol and am probably going to buy a J frame. Bugt for various reasons I wont go into...I could be convinced by the idea of a Baby Glock in a pocket carry situation. Anbody else do this?? or is it just a little too fat and bulky to be practical?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I have been looking for a pocket pistol and am probably going to buy a J frame. Bugt for various reasons I wont go into...I could be convinced by the idea of a Baby Glock in a pocket carry situation. Anbody else do this?? or is it just a little too fat and bulky to be practical?
    In my view it is too thick and heavy for pocket carry. However, some do it without problems. My son has a friend who is a Fed, and the last time he came over he had one in an ankle holster. I did not notice it as the legs on his pants were rather loose, but not excessively so. I had always considered that ankle carry of a G 26 would not work well.
    He did look longingly at my Kahr P9, however.

You might find pocket carry with the G26 OK, but not for me.

Regards,
    Jerry

I have the Glock-26 and the Glock-36. Both are small, but not small enough to put into my pocket...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'm not a Glock fan.

Have a look at the Sig P237 or better yet the Walther PPS, my choice for summer and outside the car.

Inside the car,
    I carry a Sig P250.

For pocket, I recommend the Biretta .32 Tomcat.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I just got a Glock 26 today and as i was walking around the house looking for some tools to add my +2 to one of the mags, i put the g26 with a loaded mag in my back pocket and within minutes, I had forgotten it was in there. Obviously a coat pocket would be even more unnoticable.

Anyway, I'll be carrying it in my bellyband from now on and that should be fine through summer here. And coming from a M&P9 full size in that bellyband to this G26...wow...so natural to conceal that thing comfortably.

I'd love to see the size of your pockets!!! I sold my Glock 27 when I purchased my S&W J Frames for pocket / ankle carry. Frankly, I'd rather carry a brick in my pocket. I don't think the baby Glocks are practical for pocket carry unless you wear you baggy pants at your knees like some people I've seen.

On the other hand, I think you're on the right track picking up a J Frame for pocket carry.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I pocket carry a S&W CS45 often. Front pocket. The Baby Glock shouldn't be any more difficult.
    For God, Family and Country!

I find mine are too big/ heavy for pocket carry. Can do it with large cargo pocket and a very tight belt when doing yard work. Otherwise it won't fit in my pocket and tends to weigh down my pants. I much prefer LCP, Keltecs or SW J frame.

jfl
    I carry my G-26 with comp barrel in the front pocket of "cargo pants" in a pocket holster with no problem, and I am 5' 8" 145 lbs.
    In jeans, no way.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I carry my G26 in both a pocket, and an ankle holster. You just have to dress for the occasion, like any other time you carry.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    I carry my G-26 with comp barrel in the front pocket of "cargo pants" in a pocket holster with no problem, and I am 5' 8" 145 lbs.
    In jeans, no way.
    Likewise, except for that comp barrel and weight thing........ Call me "155". I also carry that way in dress slacks (pleated) and with suit pants. I sometimes slip my G26 in a holster, in my back (wallet) jeans pocket.

I also pocket carry my G26 in the inside pocket in a Wrangler jean jacket, in a CC vest, as well as cargo shorts, or 5.11's, as well as various coat pockets.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I prefer the j frame in my pocket, with lose or cargo pants. My G27 is a little too heavy and blocky to carry in my pocket.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I have the G27. Don't purchase one for pocket carry - you will be disappointed at how difficult it will be. For pocket carry I went with a Kel-Tec PF9. The PF9 fits the bill in many ways. Plenty of pocket guns - but the baby Glocks are not really a pocket gun in my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    You can do it with large cargo style pants/shorts that have large pockets. I don't pocket carry my G27 but I have experimented a little with it around the house and I could do it if I wanted. My advice, if you want to pocket carry get something smaller.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I sometimes carry a 27 in a Bullard IWB clip style holster in my back pocket (clipped on pocket) if I'm not going to be doing much sitting. My 642 is much easier to slip into a front pocket (in a pocket holster).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links