Glock 36 complaints?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 complaints? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search here, and all the posts seem older. Are there any new thoughts on the Glock 36? Does it still suffer from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 36 complaints?

Glock 36 complaints?

I did a search here, and all the posts seem older. Are there any new thoughts on the Glock 36? Does it still suffer from complaints? If it is a Good Glock I may be lured to the ”Glock Side”.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "Good Glock"?? Is there such a thing?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

kpw
    Yeah...I don't own one!

Some get their fingers pinched by the magazine. I never did but some do. Only way to know is try one for yourself. I've never shot one that didn't work as advertised, though.

Administrator

The questions posed in this thread are not in the Humor & Off Topic area of DefensiveCarry.

Try to at least be helpful or contribute something/anything factual and/or helpful in your posted replies to the OP questions.

Do yourself a favor and shoot one. I personally haven't heard anybody with any G36 issues. I strongly recommend that you shoot one yourself though.

My brother carries a G33 with a +2 magazine extension, and many people swore a .357 sig round in this small of gun would be too much, and yet both of us put up follow rounds like a machine gun into a torso sized target.

I haven't shot the G36, but I handled one when I was shopping for a .45 pistol. I personally ended up leaning towards the full size pistols since they fit my hands so well, and I found that the slightly larger size isn't any harder to conceal for the method I desire. The end result was, of course, that I bought a XD 45. Actual results may vary :)
    Beretta 92FS

I have the Glock-36.

Prior to ownership, I thought Glocks looked and felt like black bricks...then I picked up the G-36. I have since grown to appreciate the entire Glock line. The dependability, the ease of break-down, and the 'easy' shooting.
    My G-36 has never given me problems...it is my Harley gun.

Stay armed...Go Glock!...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I have one. It's the only GLOCK that I own at this time. I like it and mine has never been problematic.
    It has been as reliable as every other Glock out there - which would be extremely reliable.

Some of the early 36s suffered occasional FTF (Failure To Feed) issues due to the magazines fitting too loose (with too much play) in the frame magazine well.
    That really caused some Seasoned Glock Aficionados to curse the G36 loud and long.

Like This~~~~~~> <~~~~~~

That is no longer an issue and they seem very reliable these days.

The pluses:
    Small, light, easy to carry concealed, effective at 7 yards, and the one I shot infinitely reliable.
    The minuses:
    More recoil than I would like. I found that especially in low light conditions, even with the stock night sights, that it took me a lot of time to reacquire the target for a second aimed shot.

I have large hands and don't like the feeling of my pinky hanging out there. I did not have the opportunity to shoot with an extended magazine and I have heard that some of the aftermarket extended magazines contribute to FTF problems.

I would consider carrying one as a backup gun and/or most appropriate in circumstances where concealment is difficult (due to attire) and where I would be in a crowded area.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The Glock 36 is my favorite carry gun. I can't think of another .45 cal gun as light, powerful, reliable and small, yet still has a decent barrel length and sight radious as the 36.

Not long ago, someone offered to trade one of my "safe queens" for yet another G-36, and I traded. I now own two of them, which gives you an idea how much I value the G-36.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I carry a G36 w pearse +1 mag extention gives me much better control and an extra round to boot. I've had no problems with it.
    In God we trust all others pay cash

I've also got a 36. It's my planned carry gun. I shot it just yesterday. It ran flawlessly and was accurate too.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I love mine...never had a problem with it.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    Hey, nice username. Does it have any special significance?

I have a Glock 36 as a concealed carry gun. I have run about 200 rounds through it to make sure it is reliable. It gets a lot of carry time but shot little, as I prefer my 1911's for range work.

My only complaint is it is so light that heavy .45 loads can be a little uncomfortable. It eats every one of them though, and I really like the fact the gun carrys so light on my hip. I'll do fine with the light weight because it translates to a great carry gun.

Mine's a good gun. It does what I need it to do.

I bought one in November, with night sights. It is the only Glock that I own and I love it. Never thought that I would say that or own one, so go figure. I did outfit mine with the Pearce grip ext. +0. It keeps the grip short, but long enough for a little better grip. I have put a few hundred rounds throught it, four different ammo's with no problems. It is my daily carry and stays in my vehicle 24/7 along with a couple of extra mags. I feel that the recoil is very manageable and follow up shots are smooth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links