Training guns? BB pistols or Airsoft?

This is a discussion on Training guns? BB pistols or Airsoft? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some input here. I want to practice draw, hip shot, 3/4 extension, threat focused, instictive shooting. Should I get a BB/C02 gun or a ...

Thread: Training guns? BB pistols or Airsoft?

Training guns? BB pistols or Airsoft?

Need some input here. I want to practice draw, hip shot, 3/4 extension, threat focused, instictive shooting. Should I get a BB/C02 gun or a gas operated airsoft? Where should I order form? I shoot Glocks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    Need some input here. I want to practice draw, hip shot, 3/4 extension, threat focused, instictive shooting. Should I get a BB/C02 gun or a gas operated airsoft? Where should I order form? I shoot Glocks.
    I would go with a gas blow back as they tend to operate much like the real thing. You can actually buy a propane adapter and use propane instead of the more expensive green gas. You will also need a thing of silicone lubricant to keep the gun working properly. All you do is put a little bit on the tip of the propane adapter and you can just use the cheap propane tanks found at Wal-Mart and most outdoor stores. The green gas is pretty much propane and silicone mixed together. Check out

www.redwolfairsoft.com

They're based out of China but they have the best selection of airsoft products at reasonable prices. I have ordered from them a few times, and all my orders have arrived quickly. I did buy my GBB G26 from a local dealer though.

IMO airsoft makes a great training tool as well as cheap fun. Another cool thing is you can use airsoft guns to play games similar to paintball, only it's much more realistic.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Go with a green gas. They are awesome, and a indispensable tool to train with. you can also find one to mirror almost any real pistol, etc...
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    shoot Glocks.
    Welcome to the wonderfull world of Glock after last wekend I was wondering when you be buying a Glock!!!

You Rock with a Glock!!

Get a .22LR conversion kit.
    bonis nocet quisqus malis perpercit

BAC
    I snagged a cheap one that mirrors my 1911A1, but found it to have two major flaws: 1) the slide is just a bit wider than my real 1911 and won't fit into my holster, which means I can't use the gun for draw/fire practice, and 2) when the muzzle is oriented down, sometimes the yellow BB would fall out, which means I can't use the gun for draw/fire practice. Since I got it for draw/fire practice, and can't use it for such, now I just bounce BBs off random surfaces when I'm studying or surfing the net.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    I would go with a gas blow back as they tend to operate much like the real thing. You can actually buy a propane adapter and use propane instead of the more expensive green gas. You will also need a thing of silicone lubricant to keep the gun working properly. All you do is put a little bit on the tip of the propane adapter and you can just use the cheap propane tanks found at Wal-Mart and most outdoor stores. The green gas is pretty much propane and silicone mixed together. Check out

www.redwolfairsoft.com

They're based out of China but they have the best selection of airsoft products at reasonable prices. I have ordered from them a few times, and all my orders have arrived quickly. I did buy my GBB G26 from a local dealer though.

IMO airsoft makes a great training tool as well as cheap fun. Another cool thing is you can use airsoft guns to play games similar to paintball, only it's much more realistic.
    +1 SubNine, I think airsoft is a great training tool especially with today's ammo costs.
    "In a moment of crisis you will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training". http://www.FreedomTrainerTarget.com

I orderded from precision airsoft; gas blow back Glock 26, propane kit and 4000 rounds. $179.99

Links