Hi-Point Firearms / Why do they get such good reviews?

This is a discussion on Hi-Point Firearms / Why do they get such good reviews? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pcsutton My HighPoint .45 works just fine after several thousand rounds. Additionally, it's fairly accurate. I have hit a milk jug repeatedly ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hi-Point Firearms / Why do they get such good reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by pcsutton
    My HighPoint .45 works just fine after several thousand rounds. Additionally, it's fairly accurate. I have hit a milk jug repeatedly at 50+ yards with it. I don't use it for my CCW gun, but as a beater for SHTF it's reliable enough. I used mine to experiment with digital painting so now it's got a digital paint job.

Lets see the pics of that

2. Remove Ads

I took the Oklahoma CCW course a few years ago with one of my buddies and a rather "questionable" looking gentleman. The classroom portion concluded with demonstrating to the instructor that we could perform the manual of arms and assemble/disassemble and clean our carry piece.

I had my 1911 and M66, my buddy had a S&W CS40, and the other guy had a very very old, rusty, nasty 1911. It looked like it had been kicked around the bottom of a boat for 10-20 years. No major drama, but the instructor made the guy clean and lube the 1911 for about 30 min before we headed to the range.

When we finally got around to shooting, the guy squeezes of the first round from that old abused Colt at 7 yards and the whole barrel bushing and recoil spring assembly hit the target right behind the bullet. It was game over after that - he didn't get his CCW that day.

Long story short, I am the biggest fan of the 1911 out there (besides maybe Bruce and OD), but that guy would have been much better served by a Hi Point that worked over a Colt that didn't. In retrospect, I should have bought a Hi Point and traded it for his Colt - it sure needed a good home.

All that being said, there is certainly a market for handguns at this price point. Me personally, I'll save until I can afford to buy quality.
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final." - Bill Jordan

I had the 22LR darringer. It was garbage.
    I have a 9mm, cheap, but seems to be OK.
    Bob

The only people that don't like them are people that are comparing them the a gun so far out of its class they might as well be talking about apples and jumbo jets. If you buy a Hi-point pistol and it malfunctions just send it in for modification or repair at any time. My advise to anyone that has never owned one, go buy one. If you absoulutly hate it and you are unable to get it to shoot the way you want it to shoot, even after sending it back to the factory then you are out $100 and then you can say "this is a P.O.S.". If you get one and like it then you have a great little ugly duckling that you will enjoy having in your collection for years to come like myself. Either way, when you are asked about Hi-point firearms you are knowlagable about the firearm and not just repeating some cr*p you read on a forum somewhere. They are very easy to clean. as all pistols that are held together by 1 pin (including Glocks) you need to punch out the pin for the first few times you DCOA it. Not that big of a deal, its 1 pin. They don't have a high resell value, maybe 30-40% of what the dealer paid for it. News flash-all hand guns have a 30-40% resell of what the dealer paid- unless you are getting a Colt Peacemaker that killed Billy The kid etc..

Administrator
    This thread is dated 17/Feb/2006 - CLOSED

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links