M&P 45

M&P 45

This is a discussion on M&P 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to hear everyone's opinion that has one or has owned one , likes & dislikes , full size or compact . I ...

Thread: M&P 45

M&P 45

I would like to hear everyone's opinion that has one or has owned one , likes & dislikes , full size or compact . I was offered a full size for $400 but have only shot a 40 s&w in this gun . So any input will be appreciated . Oh the best thing about this one is it has no mag safety like so many Smith's have . I'm not a cop so no need for that mag safety .

Good price from what I've seen around here.

It is an M&P. Good gun. Good deal.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Buy it!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I've had the full-sized M&P45 for roughly a year now and all I can say is "WOW"! The gun has been completely reliable using various types and brands of ammo and is extremely accurate. I like the fact it comes with three backstraps so you can "customize" the pistol to your hand. I can't say enough positive things about this gun and the general consensus on various gun forums mirrors my experience. Here's a good article from Hilton Yam testing three polymer guns, one which is the M&P45:
    10-8 Forums: Battle of the Plastic .45's

For $400 bucks, I'd be on it like white on rice! Here's mine with the MTAC holster:

A fun one:

Here's the link to make your own motivational photos. Be careful as it's addictive.
    Parody Motivator Generator

My friend has one...his fiance bought for him for Christmas. He loves it. But he also has a G21SF for HD with two thirty round mags and a Glock factory light/laser mounted. I doubt you'll be disappointed and 400 is a great deal.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I carry a M&Pc 45 The weapon shoots and handles well,I have had 0 problems out of the box and I shoot everything from Lead reloads to Federal HST SD ammo.It's a little lighter than my compact 1911 and delivers the same punch.I bought mine new from Buds for $499 shipped and has no xtra retarded safety other than the trigger and safe weapon handling
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a 9mm full sized M&P and it is a very reliable weapon that eats any ammo you can feed into it. I have heard from owners that the .45 is pretty much the same way.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

I had a M&P45 full-size and carried it a number of times. It was 100% reliable and I kept it full of Federal HST. I ended up selling it and bought another 1911.

It was in near perfect condition and I sold it for $500. I've been thinking about buying another one just to have because I liked it so much and it shot very soft.

I'd go for it!

Jonathan

Run away from that gun and send me the seller's contact info...
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I liked the 1st one so much it now has a twin. At $400. buy it .
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I own both an M&P 45fs and an M&P 45c. I enjoy shooting them both. I like shooting the 45c a little better. I EDC the 45fs because Crimson Trace does not yet make a LaserGrips for the 45c.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Sponsored Links