J-Frame question

J-Frame question

This is a discussion on J-Frame question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I have my 642 and love it. The only issue is that the wife has taken over control of it(I'm ok with this) I ...

J-Frame question

Ok, I have my 642 and love it. The only issue is that the wife has taken over control of it(I'm ok with this) I want to pick up a new for my self. Here's my question. Do they make a J-Frame in .357, AirWeight, in black? I've looked on GunBroker, and the S&W website and can't find one. They either don't make one or I have overlooked it. So, can I buy one of these?
    God Bless America!!

Here ya go...340pd The "street price" is much lower than shown on S&W's site.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I think street price on that one is about $750 here in Washington. But they aren't really fun to shoot with .357s. The only upside is you can change out the front site vs the 442 or 642.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I think street price on that one is about $750 here in Washington. But they aren't really fun to shoot with .357s. The only upside is you can change out the front site vs the 442 or 642.
    I'm a fan of .357 Magnum, but won't shoot in in anything smaller and lighter than an SP101.

If you find that the S&W's, in that size, weight and caliber, don't degrade your accuracy, induce a jerk and flinch, and just plain "hurt" you are more of a man than 99.9% of the population, even if they don't want to admit the truth.

I'll lay you odds that you will shoot some .357 Magnums out of it, not too many, and then shoot nothing but 38's out of it for practice, and maybe carry it with 38's too. Personally I'd rather save my money and just buy a 442/642, but that's just me. I don't like to spend money.

Biker

Biker

I would look at the M&P versus the PD...it has a steel cylinder instead of titanium and is a good bit cheaper.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Was just going to point that out, the PD isn't all black. The M&P is. Here it is with CT laser grips (also available without, list is $284 less). It also has an XS Tritium Big Dot front sight.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    M&p 340.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by redrick; March 23rd, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

I love my M&P340.... lots of fun to shoot with crimson trace padded laser grips.
    dont let people scare you... 357 mag aint bad.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I love the m&p 340 but you can halve two 442's, one in each pocket for the price of that thing. GET THE D.C. VS. HELLER EDITION. Its something to show off and its only a couple of extra bucks.

Links