Which will it be?

This is a discussion on Which will it be? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Taurus 38 snubby or glock 27. Which is easier to carry? Easier to shoot? Easier for the wife? I currently pack a sig 229, springfield ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which will it be?

Which will it be?

Taurus 38 snubby or glock 27. Which is easier to carry? Easier to shoot? Easier for the wife? I currently pack a sig 229, springfield GI or mossberg 500[camp gun] depending on the circumstance

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I certainly am not a Glock guy, but any Glock is better than a Taurus. If you want a small revolver get the J frame Smith & Wesson. Your CCW handgun is not the place to go cheap. If your money is tight save up for a month or two and get the Smith, its the best bug revolver made.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

The least you could do was make it a choice...

Glock...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If it's going to be an every day carry gun, the "carrier" should decide, not us.
    Plans? Why make plans when you can do things haphazardly?

Florida Shooters Network
    Map of Central FL gun shops

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I certainly am not a Glock guy, but any Glock is better than a Taurus. If you want a small revolver get the J frame Smith & Wesson. Your CCW handgun is not the place to go cheap. If your money is tight save up for a month or two and get the Smith, its the best bug revolver made.
    +1
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

"If it's going to be an every day carry gun, the "carrier" should decide, not us."

I have shot both the snubby as well as a glock and was pleasantly surprised by the glock's trigger. I have heard complaints about that. What I have not done is handled either for any length of time or concealed either. This is of course why I am requesting input for a large group of fairly knowledgeable people with similar interests as mine. That said is the j-frame that much more reliable than the taurus?
    Sig 229

Quote Originally Posted by LurkMastR View Post
    If it's going to be an every day carry gun, the "carrier" should decide, not us.
    I agree he should choose, but he only offered one real choice.

GLOCK
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

kpw
    You mentioned your wife so unless she is accustomed to shooting a bit, I'd recommend the G26 over the G27 at least for that reason. Between the 2 you mentioned, the G27 all the way.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    If your wife is not a big time shooter she might not like the recoil of the G27. You might want to reconsider and get a G26 in 9mm if she would like a bottom feeder. With that being said, I carry a G27 and it is a much better gun than a Taurus...so get the Glock.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

mrm
    I would prefer the Glock (mostly cause im die hard Glock fan) but the semi auto pt series of taurus is actually quite a nice firearm, the wheel gun taurus series have always had their fair share of issues thou.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

My dad actually has both of those. As far as easier to shoot, definitely the Taurus, easier to conceal? I would say they are about the same. IMO the ankle holster is out of the question for the Glock as is a pocket, where the Taurus could do either. The thing that sucks about the Taurus is you get double the capacity with the Glock. Got to be your decision man, both are good guns, but if you want capacity go with the glock, if you want easier to shoot, and nicer trigger pull (IMO)..go with the Taurus. GL with your decision.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Thanks for the input, I'm swayed toward the glock. I've got the go-ahead to pick one up, nows just a matter of getting one ordered
    Sig 229

Which one does your wife like?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Who will be carrying the gun? You or your wife?
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Go with the G26. More Capacity and overall a better weapon.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links