What Do you Prefer for Home Defense?

This is a discussion on What Do you Prefer for Home Defense? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SG, Rifle, AR, Hand Gun? I have 4 ready to defend ( Bersa 380 & LCP are CC ready depending on the uniform of the ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do you Prefer for Home Defense?

What Do you Prefer for Home Defense?

SG, Rifle, AR, Hand Gun? I have 4 ready to defend ( Bersa 380 & LCP are CC ready depending on the uniform of the day) down stairs and two upstairs (XD 45 w laser & REM 870 12 Ga). SG is loaded with #9 shot & 00 Buck, with sure fire light. Don't forget the three dogs that go crazy if you get within 50 ft. of the house.

R/S Lego

2. Remove Ads

Remington 870 tactical 12 ga.
    Luck is not a feeling it's a way of life

I don't have a ruger mini 14 but I think one of those with a 20 round mag would be nice. It's lighter than an AK and supposed to be a little more reliable than an AR. But then an 8 shot 12 gauge riot shotgun would be nice too. Until I pick up a long gun of some kind I'll just go with the 15 rounds of .40 in my Sigma.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    msgtlego i see you are from madison i live in huntsville!!
    oh i go with my 12gauge with dual pistol grips!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

I tell everyone that I am the Yankee that move South, this place is one of the best kept secrets in the US. 12 Ga is the way to go!

R/S Lego

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xchief1 View Post
    Remington 870 tactical 12 ga.
    +1
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTLEGO View Post
    I tell everyone that I am the Yankee that move South, this place is one of the best kept secrets in the US. 12 Ga is the way to go!
    haha nice!! i see you have some artillery on your avatar i bet you work on the arsenal??
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bigo5552000 View Post
    msgtlego i see you are from madison i live in huntsville!!
    oh i go with my 12gauge with dual pistol grips!!
    I don't know about the whole pistol grip thing. Put the pistol grip on mine and it owned my hand. Guess I'm a wimp...

Mossy 500 with 00 buck, and USP 45 in the nightstand with a X300...BG isn't going to be very happy.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Quote Originally Posted by HKkid View Post
    I don't know about the whole pistol grip thing. Put the pistol grip on mine and it owned my hand. Guess I'm a wimp...

Mossy 500 with 00 buck, and USP 45 in the nightstand with a X300...BG isn't going to be very happy.
    hahaha i dont think so!! i killed my hand the first time i tried it so i put some padding on the rear grip and taped it on with black electrical tape!! looks crappy but gets the job done! i like the ease of movement with the dual pistol grips!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigo5552000 View Post
    hahaha i dont think so!! i killed my hand the first time i tried it so i put some padding on the rear grip and taped it on with black electrical tape!! looks crappy but gets the job done! i like the ease of movement with the dual pistol grips!!
    Haha yeah that'd prolly do it. I thought about ordering the Breacher's Grip that Knoxx makes, but I'm ordering the spec ops instead. I want it to be all tac'd out, so I'm getting that and a Surefire forend for it, sling, etc etc. A guy in my area offers a defensive shotgun class that I want to take, so that shoud be pretty interesting.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

I would prefer to use Jill. A 12ga is most likely to hit my target in a quick situation and it is less likely to go through the walls and injure innocents than my rifle. And I wouldn't trust my P22 to put someone down... if it was a big guy it would probably just piss him off. Can't wait for my XD to get here.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

not sure anything is better for home defense than a Remington 870! IMHO
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. --- Thomas Jefferson

I agree with the 12 Ga but you have to watch you shell selection, #6 and lower will punch through 6-8 sheets of drywall. Especially if you have children, about every 3 months I run some dry runs in my house with what ifs (both 12 Ga & XD with surefire):

Front door entry
    Rear Door window
    ETC

Wife thinks I am a nut!

I love my XD, sweet trigger pull. I also have a P22 my wife uses great starter gun, not bad with some HP stingers.

R/S Lego

12 GA. all the way
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Ar15 with 75gr TAP, Kimber SIS Pro and Kimber Custom II - both with Federal HST 230gr.

Jonathan

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links