Just had my second malfunction with my XDm.

This is a discussion on Just had my second malfunction with my XDm. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Background: I got my new XDm (.40S&W) in December and started shooting it in January. Since January 12th I have fired about 4,000 rounds through ...

Thread: Just had my second malfunction with my XDm.

Just had my second malfunction with my XDm.

Background:
    I got my new XDm (.40S&W) in December and started shooting it in January. Since January 12th I have fired about 4,000 rounds through this gun. Most of the range days have been fairly intensive (200-500 rounds in a 4 hour block.) but I have had a few short range sessions where I fired 100 - 150 rounds (maybe 4 of those). About 600 rounds were fired outdoors in -25 degree weather over the course of 3 days, the rest were all fired inside, with temps around 60 degrees.

My previous malfunction was a type 3 (double feed) probably my fault for limp wristing the gun. This was back in mid January.

I am going through a training school right now and we were doing some shooting on the move today. I am moving across the range from the right side to the left firing at a line of 5 targets one handed at apx 15 feet. At my 3rd target, having only fired 6 or 7 rounds of my 16 +1 that I started with, my slide locks to the rear. I immediately grab a mag from my pouch, Drop the malfuntioning mag, slide the new mag in and run the slide. Didnt miss a step and completed the drill with 2 out of 11 rounds out fo the "A" Zone.

I dont see any damage to the mag nor any problems with the ammo. I didn't think that I was limp wristing.... but hey you never know.

At the end of the day I am still VERY satisfied with my XDm.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like you might have contacted your slide release level without realizing it, causing it to engage. If it only did it once, and isn't a recurring problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

hmmmmm.... hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Links