Need some help

Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope this is the correct area to post this. I am looking for some help in showing lubrication points for various pistols. What I ...

Thread: Need some help

Question Need some help

I hope this is the correct area to post this. I am looking for some help in showing lubrication points for various pistols. What I would really like is a diagram of a Glock 17, 1911 etc... color preferable that shows with specificity (arrows, colors etc...) the points of lubrication for each pistol. Also some indication of how much oil, grease etc.. is applied? Videos are ok, diagrams preferred. Can anyone point me to this type of information? I'd like to find as many types/brands as possible.

Thank you

1943 - 2009
    the Firearms Cleaning & Maintenance sub-forum in the General Firearms forum.

You'll find your answers.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Get yourself some high temp wheelbearing grease at Wally World. $2.50 and you will be good for life of your gun. Here's a good video: 3 Videos...Cleaning and proper lubrication.

YouTube - Cleaning a Pistol
    YouTube - Proper Lubrication of an Auto Pistol
    YouTube - Proper Lubrication of an Glock Pistol (#2)

There is NO need of a diagram. 6 spots and you are DONE!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

My armorer's instructor told me that the head of a q-tip with gun oil would lube an entire Glock properly.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

GLOCKs only have 5 lube points. Each of the 4 "rail" tips, and the trigger spring. I normally put a small drop betweent he connector and trigger bar, and give the barrel a light coat, then wipe it off, almost dry. Consult the manual, it's clearly explained!
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post

There is NO need of a diagram. 6 spots and you are DONE!!
    I appreciate the response. Those videos are excellent. However I do need diagrams, that was the purpose of the post. I am familiar with lubricating them, what I need are idiot simple pictures...imagine a classroom of people who basically know where the bullet comes out and that is about it.

The Glock 17 and 1911 are just examples

You'll find the diagrams one of these two places. Use the first link for Adobe reader, and the second link for Microsoft word. You can call Glock and have them send you an owner's manual free if you don't have one....the lubrication points are in there in diagram form as well. Take care of that Glock and don't over-lubricate.
    http://www.geocities.com/rhummer/uno...pdf_format.pdf
    http://www.halfzware.com/wordpress/w...3/GlockUAM.doc

Links