G26 vs. HK P2000 in SmartCarry

This is a discussion on G26 vs. HK P2000 in SmartCarry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Only in the context of using SmartCarry, which would you prefer and why? I know the SmartCarry can be slow to draw. For those who ...

Thread: G26 vs. HK P2000 in SmartCarry

G26 vs. HK P2000 in SmartCarry

Only in the context of using SmartCarry, which would you prefer and why?

I know the SmartCarry can be slow to draw. For those who use a SmartCarry, is the G26 much more challenging to grasp with the smaller grip? (likewise is the HK easier?) Is the Glock noticeably more comfortable and less likely to print?

Any other thoughts on these two models when used in a SmartCarry?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have the Thunder Wear ( Smart Carry took the design, or whatever) in size Med. and I carry a G27. I have no issue or concern of carry. I do not notice the weight, or that it slows down on the draw. It's great for the warmer days and shorts and T-shirt. I sometimes prefer it to my MTAC.. Also for longer drives I will use the smart carry type for the comfort factor. Also you can stow your ID, etc.. needed in the other internal pockets. So that a plus if someone wants to "lift" something from you..

EDIT: Printing for me isn't there, so I hope that helps..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Because of the design I don't think you'll have any issues with either pistols. I even used mine for my G23 a bit. The only issue was looking a little more studly than I am while seated and a bit tight in the car. Both issues were caused by the 23 being just a bit long. They do hide well though but with longer slides and worn a bit too low tend to go down one leg or the other.

As a note in contrast, when using AIWB near one o'clock position my wife wouldn't believe I had my gun in there until I rapped it with my fingers. People have been known (against the Mfr's advice) to hold the pistol at the belt line AIWB fassion. The smartcarry is a lot faster than you might think and a simply forget it until you need it affair. Using an AIWB holster however is about as fast as a normal CC gets.

I carry a G26 in a SmartCarry. I like it a lot. It is slower to draw from but that's an acceptable trade off to me for deep concealment. The only printing is a slight and I mean really slight bump where the end of the grip is. If you put an iron on denim patch on the inside of your jeans where the grip end is, it will disappear.

Links