Defensive Carry banner

No love for 3s or 5s

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Bud White 
#1 ·
I've discovered I very much like the feel of 3" barrels and 5" barrels on full sized revolvers, yet these two sizes are seldom offered any more.

Why? It's not like it'd be hard. If you can make a 4" you can make 3" or 5".

#3 ·
Euclidean said:
If you can make a 4" you can make 3" or 5".
they have made them..they just seem to have a hard time selling them

#5 ·
I don't think you'll see many 5" revolvers because of how the gun game rules are. Hunters will go over 6" for that purpose and a 5" isn't easy for most to conceal. Now 3" revolvers are fun and I have more than a couple. I like 'em. The 4" is nice as well but I have only 2 of those. They work well for me in an all around role of carry and target shooting. I have taken one hunting with me, but didn't take any game with it.

-Scott-

#10 ·
Tiime to bring out my shorter M27-2 pic :smilez: Certainly IMO on an N frame 5" just seems so, well - ''right'' - the balance, everything.

I guess from production POV the 4" fits the niche of what many consider the ''ideal'' length. Certainly I do myself like to see three inchers too - usually a very nice carry option. On reflection tho, thinking of my once carry M28-2 - that was 4" and also felt pretty ''right''.

I think I should have every revo made, in 3", 4", 5" and 6" - just for completeness' sake :18:

#11 ·
P95Carry said:
Tiime to bring out my shorter M27-2 pic :smilez: Certainly IMO on an N frame 5" just seems so, well - ''right'' - the balance, everything.

I guess from production POV the 4" fits the niche of what many consider the ''ideal'' length. Certainly I do myself like to see three inchers too - usually a very nice carry option. On reflection tho, thinking of my once carry M28-2 - that was 4" and also felt pretty ''right''.

I think I should have every revo made, in 3", 4", 5" and 6" - just for completeness' sake :18:

Very nice

#17 ·
Pair of my favorite carry guns are 36's with the heavy 3" bbl, that I had shrouds installed on,, for years on the job I carried a 3 1/2" 27, in a shoulder holster and a 5" on the hip.. in discussions with Col.Askins and Mr.Jordan they both told me they thought the 5" was the best damn carry lenght for duty revolvers...

Mr. Bryce loved the 3 1/2" 27 and perfered it to all others

#22 ·
I'd like to have a S&W 65 with a 3 inch barrel :sport4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.