Para Customer Service Issues: Resolved: See post 35

This is a discussion on Para Customer Service Issues: Resolved: See post 35 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got off the phone with Para Ordanance...I had purchased a PDA 45 on the 14th..shot it on the 22nd and never carried it. It ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Para Customer Service Issues: Resolved: See post 35

Para Customer Service Issues: Resolved: See post 35

Just got off the phone with Para Ordanance...I had purchased a PDA 45 on the 14th..shot it on the 22nd and never carried it. It had a multitude of problems: brass hitting me in the forehead, jamming , mag not dropping free and the finish wearing off the end by the muzzle. I had to overnite the pistol to PARA ($65) I called this morning to check on what grips fit it and to make sure they recieved it. Talked to a nice guy named Jason and he informed me that nothing was available for the PDA yet...ok kind of a bummer. Then I asked if he could help me out on the 65 bucks worth of freight ( I am a manufacturers rep by trade and thought I would try a long shot mavbe a mag or two) Jason told me I would have to talk to his superior. This is where things went south fast...he informed me that they are not in the habit of giving things away...I informed him that I had given $1000 for a pistol and then had to spend another $65 to get it to function right. Then I asked him about the other issues and he informed me that the warranty doesn't cover finish wear....I told im that I had the gun a week and never carried it. He said that it didn't matter...what mattered was how many times I had taken it out of the holster! ( I only took it out to admire it and to show my friends...I can't wait to see what this lil gem looks like after a year of carrying) I wish I had taken the pistol and the $65 bucks freight and traded it in on something different. I am steamed right now... I will never purchase another Para product... I researched this pistol before I purchased it and it got great reviews... just thought I would pass this on... Robbie

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I dont know how you feel about Glocks, but the finish is super tough. I have pulled mine out of my holster hundreds of times with no wearing on the finish.

They have always been cheaply made and their compact LDA products are the worse of the bunch. I owned a LTC for a short period of time and the finish immediately started to wear on the back of the slide on either side of the hammer. When I say wear, I mean it just came off immediately. And nothing even comes into contact with that area.

ranburr

I am sorry to hear about that. I have a PDA LDA and it has non of that. Granted it has a stainless slide and alloy frame. I just had it at the range and not a single issue in another 150 rounds.

the bad part is....I traded a Glock G36 in on it...I am kicking myself like you wouldn't believe....

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    the bad part is....I traded a Glock G36 in on it...I am kicking myself like you wouldn't believe....
    Ughh I bet that hurts....I traded a G23c and have kicked myself since, though, my trade didn't let me down like yours did....Now that I dug up that bone I'm upset @ my self again *sighs*....first and last time I trade a gun away. From then on out what I get, I keep.

Sucks about this experience....I know my gut would have that pit in it...and loss of sleep. No rewind botton during life darn it.

Administrator
    Para has been on shakey ground for a long time. Its a shame too, they come out with a lot of neat ideas.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    The Parakote finish IS crap. Paras used to be great guns before they hit that price range. Give me the older, cheaper Paras any day.

Sorry to read of your Para experience. I learned that expensive lesson on a Para 7.45 LDA. Never again. Sweetest trigger I ever squeezed. Too bad it was attached to a poorly made, poorly finished, unreliable, overpriced POS.

One of the suits at Para Ordnance posts here IIRC. Maybe he will see this and give you some assistance...........I wouldn't hold my breath though. Good luck! Regards 18DAI.

I know it sounds corny and trite but, " the name of the game is customer service " People have long memories when they have been treated bad. Companies with great products and not so great products prosper by going the extra mile for the customer. I have never owned a Para Oridinance product, after hearing how they treat their customers they are minus one potential customer. Not attempting to placate a deservedly pissed off customer is " Penny wise and pound foolish " There's a reason for all these old sayings it has to do with dealing with jerks.

Well, I'll add my two cents.

Back in the seventies, Para only made frames. You bought their frame and springs and magazines and converted your own .45 to a 12 rounder. I did. I have loved that gun ever since.

I next purchased (years later) a compact .45. No problems with that either. In fact, I was so happy with it I mounted a laser on it and have in the nightstand.

With the laser, it wouldn't fit in my holster (Good excuse as any...lol) so I got a Warthog. Same story...works great and carries superbly. Yes, after a few years of carrying same it is a bit worn at the muzzle, but nothing radical. In all the years I have shot the three Paras, I have had ONE malfunction...a stove-pipe.

I hope that they have not lowered their standards so far as that yours is a common experiance. I.E. hope you just got the one bad apple in the bunch.

Well, THAT didn't sound nice at all...sorry about your misfortune, I just hope it isn't a common occurance.

Must have got a bad one, My 18-9 LDA Limited has shot over 1500 rounds without failure.

Finish is good.

Have been beaned in the forehead a few times but 99% of shells extract without issue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

The guys name at Para that told me this was Chris...I asked him if he could throw an extra mag in to help me on the freight and he told me that they weren't in the habit of giving things away...I stopped at my dealers at lunch and bought a G17 while I was there and told him about what was going on and I think he is going to send all of his Para's back...said he didn't want to sell a product that doesn't have better customer support than that....

EdC
    I had two local dealers tell me that they stopped carrying Para's because of terrible warranty service. Sorry to hear about your problems.

I shot 6 mags worth and got beaned 5 out of six rounds each mag...had it lock back with rounds in the mag (like it was empty) at least 4 times on 5 of the mags (first mag funtioned fine) then on the last 2 mags it started stovepiping and I said @#@# it and gave up...and the one mag won't drop free...you have to pull it... and after only a week I have a nice shiney ring on the end of my slide (bare metal) ....don't think I am being pickey....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links