I learned a valuable lesson yesterday

This is a discussion on I learned a valuable lesson yesterday within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a local shop 'browsing' their goods when a came across a NIB 9mm. I'd never heard of the brand so I came ...

I was at a local shop 'browsing' their goods when a came across a NIB 9mm. I'd never heard of the brand so I came home to research it before putting down my hard earned greenbacks. It was a JA9 made by Jimenez Arms, it looked and felt good enough but upon doing my research and finding out that it is just a renamed Jennings my search goes on. I've gotten quite a list just from lurking here so I guess I'll start taking the advice of others before I do make a mistake and buy a turd like that.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

If your looking for a 9mm on a budget. Look into the skyy cpx-1. They are similar to the kel-tec but with a better feel and trigger in my book. I just got a blued model for $260. Havent shot it yet but Ill post a report when I do. Have a great day sixgun..

I've read alot about'em and they seem to be very good for the money. They are close to the top of my list just below a Bersa comact 9mm that I found yesterday at a local shop(not the same one that had the JA). I really do like the look of the skyy but haven't seen one locally.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Good think ya came home and did a little research first ..

One good thing about the net is you can find out more info on models of gun than you every could before so it can help you make a good desicision and stay away from turd guns

Administrator

Thumbs up Skyy

The more I read up on Skyy...the more "impressed..er" I get with the Skyy guns.
    Sales of Skyy Firearms are going to Skyy...rocket...I think.
    They sure do look great.
    I can't believe the low prices.
    That's a lot of BANG for the Low Bucks.

skyy rocket.. ooohhh.

Assistant Administrator
    QK - you're getting worse LOL ''Pie in Skyy'' perhaps

Robert - good you were on the ball!! The Bersa could suit you quite well and good value too.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The Jennings brand was known as an inexpensive junk gun. The new company of Jimenez Arms of Costa Mesa bought the defunct Jennings firm last year at an auction in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Jacksonville, Fla. and setup shop in California. Later California ordered them to stop manufacturing pistols that failed state safety tests. Now they are opening a factory in Nevada where no such tests exist. The Skyy CPX-1 is the new kid on the block. Have not shot one, but it looks good. But looking good does not make one a good shooter. The only thing that I see on the Skyy is the ambidextrous safety. They did this so they can sale guns in California. You do not need a safety on a double action only (DAO) gun. I have a Kel-Tec P11 with the belt clip. This gun has been a great DAO gun. It feeds any and all ammo. Some individuals have had some small problems with Kel-Tec but the factory will fix them fast with no questions asked. I have not done anything to it, I just shoot it and I have not have any problems with the gun. In fact I have shot approximately 1K rounds down range. Yes the trigger pull is long and is around 8 pounds. The older ones were 10 pounds. Pick it up for $200.00 and now they are around $225.00 here in Tennessee. This is a good carry gun and/or backup gun for someone who will go to the range to shoot the gun and learn the gun. One or two boxes of ammo is not "learning" your gun. 10+1 rounds of 9mm is not a bad thing to have on oneself when you need it. Find a gun that you will carry each and every day.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr
    They are close to the top of my list just below a Bersa comact 9mm
    The Bersa is tried and true. The Skyy is brand new. I'm kinda hoping that it will hold the reputation it is building. I'll be in the market for one as soon as I see it at a store.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Might consider a used GLOCK 26...
    A bit more money, but sure are nice weapon for subcompact....
    Dependable and resale holds decent.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Links