Glock 36 as reliable as other Glocks?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 as reliable as other Glocks? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For you Glock 36 owners here how reliable has you Glock 36 been? I've heard they have had some issues is this true? Would you ...

Thread: Glock 36 as reliable as other Glocks?

For you Glock 36 owners here how reliable has you Glock 36 been? I've heard they have had some issues is this true? Would you say that its as reliable as other Glocks like the Glock 30 for example? I know the G30 has been around longer but I like the thinness of the 36 for CCW.

I think any kinks in the G36 have been worked out shortly after it's debut.

I just got a G-36 myself yesterday. I took it to the range over my lunch break today. Got a nice little blood blister 150 trouble free rounds later.

Since my Glock 36 is the only Glock I own, I can't compare it to other Glocks; but it has been totally reliable.

I had one that printed nice tite little groups...kicking myself for getting rid of it....

I think they're ok now...there were some minor problems in the beginning
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    For you Glock 36 owners here how reliable has you Glock 36 been? I've heard they have had some issues is this true? Would you say that its as reliable as other Glocks like the Glock 30 for example? I know the G30 has been around longer but I like the thinness of the 36 for CCW.
    The only Glock I've ever had that was a true "jamamatic" was a Glock 36.

You couldn't give me one for free. If you did give me one, I'd either throw it in the river, or sell it for a real gun.

Biker

I only have two Glocks, a 26, and a 36...both are great weapons.
    The Glock-26 was purchased after my G-36 proved to be such a great "Harley" gun.
    My 36 has worked flawlessly. Would I buy another?
    You 'betcha'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had a couple of FTFs in the first 100 rounds out of my G36. I am certain the cause was me limp wristing. Not liking a floating pinky finger, I added +0 grip extensions. +/- 400 rounds later, no more failures of any sort with a recoil that is "softer" than my old Glock 27.

OMO, YMMV.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I've owned (sold to friends) a G26, G27, G36 (my spare) and still have a G32 and G36. I've NEVER had one FTF or malfunction with any of the above with probably a total of 15,000 rounds through the mess of them. I have had friends, that shot the G36 and G26 for the first time, have a FTF from limp wristing but the G32 and G27 never had that issue. Can't say why those two even take limp wristing in stride but they do/did. But any individual weapon can be a problem child/dud/lemon so if you have a Glock that is problematic, either you're doing something wrong or the pistol is defective IMHO. But everyone has different experiences so you need to evaluate the G36 for yourself. I do find that it is the most comfortable pistol I have when worn directly against bare skin on a Houston summer day under a T-shirt.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

I bought a G 36 just over a month ago, and it has been flawless. I also have a 19 and it is just as reliable.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

I posted a very similar question here as well. I received many good honest answers.
    The conclusion I have determined is, Any problem associated with the Glock 36 is a thing of the past. The jams and the pinching are gone.
    I saw a Glock 36 for sale at my favorite Gun shop on Tuesday 03-24-09 for $569.00. I liked it but I have never fired a Glock. So I went to where they rent them and shot 50 rounds thru a Glock 30. It was great.
    My Favorite gun store was closed on Wednesday 03-25-09. So on the Afternoon of Thursday 03-26-09 I went to buy MY Glock 36. I looked in the display and didnít see it! I looked at owner and he is shaking his head and says I sold it today. He was on the phone looking for another one before I could even say I came here today to buy it.
    I even ordered And received the Glock trigger block on Wednesday. Maybe in a week I may have one.
    P.S.
    The range gun store had one for $599.00 And the one in Palm habor (I think Palm Habor) Has one for $629.00.

I've never had any problem with my G36('s--plural--when I traded my first one to my buddy, I regretted it, and got a second one...only to have my buddy trade me back a couple years later...).

But, that's based on my actual experience, not what I've heard.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Sponsored Links