Glock 30 And 36 Question.

This is a discussion on Glock 30 And 36 Question. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have asked a few questions about the G36. So I hope you guys don't mind one more before I invest in one. I have ...

Thread: Glock 30 And 36 Question.

I have asked a few questions about the G36. So I hope you guys don't mind one more before I invest in one.
    I have not been able to find a G36 to test fire. I have been able to test fire a G30.

I am not a great aficionado of firearms as many here are. So when I was shooting the G30 I was trying to see how it felt in my hand, and how my point shooting was with it a 7yds. and a bit more.

I emptied 5 rounds at a time rapid fire, and the groupings were fine for me. All I can remember about recoil is, my hand didnít hurt and it wasnít that wild.

Unlike my Kel-Tec PF-9 that really stings my hand when I use +P ammo. And unlike my SP101 .357Mag with a Houge grip, that kicks like a MULE and is LOUD as all heck, and shoots a fire ball that toasts the target,(JK), but doesnít really hurt my hand. And not as Snappy as my XD-40 Service. So I was pleased with felt recoil from the G30.

Now for the Big question.
    For those that have fired both the G30 and the G36, Is there a notable difference of felt recoil between the two?
    Thank you in advance to all the reply.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I own the G30, but I've never even fired the 36. I looked at both when I was shopping. First, I saw the 36, and the salesman showed it to me. I said "Nice gun, but I want more than 6+1". The guy said that the 30 would be better for me then. I hadn't checked into them before, I was just looking for a 45 ACP in a smaller frame. When he showed me the 30, I knew that was the one for me. I much prefer the 10+1, and in fact, you can get adapters that fit over the G21 mags, and then you have a 13+1 with a flush fit with the magazine. I seriously doubt that there will be much difference in recoil between the 30 and 36. I would base it on which feels better to you, and which you feel that you want. I have large hands, so the slightly larger G30 was no problem for me, and it gave me much better capacity. But rent both at a range if you can, and shoot them, and see which you prefer.

I have a G30SF, I like it a lot, well worth the money.
    NRA Member

I would say rent both and shoot then as well. I tried a 36 at the range and it's a hand full with range ammo. Well actually it's about two fingers full but I think you understand. LOL!!! They're both pretty strong with +P ammo. Might what to try some carry ammo as well.

I have the Glock-36 and consider it a fine weapon. My EDC is a Kimber Ultra, but my Glock-36 is the sidearm I take when on my Harley...it's my "Harley" gun.

The grip on the '36' is the smallest of all the Glocks, and it is a smooth shooter. I put Trijicon night sights on mine.

You won't be sorry with the Glock-36.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own both, and although many say that the recoil of the 36 is greater than that of the 30, I just don't see a significant difference. However, I find the 36 to be quite easier to carry. I carry the 36 daily and I use the 30 as my "nightstand" gun. I see that you live in NPR; I shoot in Dade City (Dade City Gun Club). If you ever want to try them both let me know.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I own both, and although many say that the recoil of the 36 is greater than that of the 30, I just don't see a significant difference. However, I find the 36 to be quite easier to carry. (snip)

I concur wholeheartedly. I have both, and I really don't notice any difference in recoil.

I heartily endorse the G36.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I own both, and although many say that the recoil of the 36 is greater than that of the 30, I just don't see a significant difference. However, I find the 36 to be quite easier to carry. I carry the 36 daily and I use the 30 as my "nightstand" gun. I see that you live in NPR; I shoot in Dade City (Dade City Gun Club). If you ever want to try them both let me know.
    Thank you all.
    But this and what Cuda66 said is what settled it for me. It has no real difference in recoil.
    And yes I would like to have more rounds, but with the slimmer frame those 7 or 8 rounds of .45 will be with Me and not on the night stand or in my safe.
    Now I just need to find one at a good price. Last one I saw was $679.00 in Clearwater Fl
    And I thought $569.00 was high.
    And many thanks for the Shooting offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    I concur wholeheartedly. I have both, and I really don't notice any difference in recoil.

I heartily endorse the G36.
    Same here. I also own both and find no significant difference in recoil. All comes down to 10+1 vs. 6+1, & thickness!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

kpw
    I find the 30 a little softer but not appreciably so. Go with the one you like best.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Have you considered the XD .45 Compact? I have smaller hands and the grip just fits me better than the G30. It comes with the 10 rd mag and a 13 rd mag with spacer making it the same size as the standard XD.45.

My summer time smaller EDC is the Glock 27

Sponsored Links