Do you have night sights on your CCW

• Yes

Votes: 119 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 35.0%

Question: Night Sights or not?

5K views 42 replies 38 participants last post by  jonconsiglio 
#1 ·
Question is: Do you have or wish you had night sights for your handguns? Do you think they’re worth the money?

#2 ·
I absolutely prefer night sights on my EDC. The value of your weapon goes down at night (in the dark) without them. I shoot during the day just as well with them as without them, but it doesn't work the other way around. I have SIGLITE nightsights on my P220:hand10:

#3 ·
Yes anything that improves your ability to quickly aquire your sights is a plus

#4 ·
Night sights are definitely worth the money. Most shooting situations are not going to happen in brightly lighted areas, under ideal conditions. Any thing that helps you acquire your sights/target quicker the better.

#30 ·
Same here, I lay the gun, so the night sights help me grab the gun even in total darkness.. :comeandgetsome:

#6 ·
Absolutely worth the extra money. Hands down. One of those things that yyou don't really know you need until you got 'em. All my SD weapond have NS.

#8 ·
Yes I wish I had night sights on my guns. I have them on one(HK P7) but my not my usual carry gun. Hopefully soon.

#11 · (Edited)
Not sure why, but it's never been something I put much thought into.

I voted no. If any of my guns had come with night sights I guess I'd probably like it, but not worth it to me to spend the extra money on them. It would probably make it easier to find my gun at night, with those nice bright sights shining at me, though.

My flashlight works fine for identifying the target and with the flashlight shining on them I can see my front sight fine.

#13 ·
All my two EDC's have night sights, in fact, all my .45's and 9mm's have night sights.:yup:

#16 ·
I much prefer night sights. Pretty much all of my "social" pistols wear them.

#17 ·
Yes we have them on every pistol in the house, except for my Springfield Trophy Match (which isnt kept loaded wears a fiber optic front with a full adjustable rear) & yes the rest are all kept loaded (although locked up securely) :yup:

#18 ·
Yes, I have night sights on all of my carry pistols.

#20 ·
Worth the money? To me, yes. Although I don't think they are an absolute necessity, they give a bit of advantage in some lighting conditions. I can't always draw my flashlight that fast and if I can make out my target, I can get a sight picture on it. I'll take any advantage I can get.

#21 ·
Well worth the $$. These old eyes need all the help they can get. My High Viz pop during the day and glow all night. I highly recommend equiping your carry guns with them.

#22 ·
Have 3 EDC guns nowGlock27,S&W M&P40 fs,both have Meorolight night sights,and Crimson Trace Grips on the,My newest member of EDC is my Colt Commander,and its with the gunsmith now haveing Adjustable Meprolight night sights mounted on the the slide......The sights were $130.00 alone, online.Im not going to put Crimson Trace grips on the Commander,I like the way it looks now.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/TNMitch_2009/
HPIM0737.jpg

#23 ·
Have 3 EDC guns nowGlock27,S&W M&P40 fs,both have Meorolight night sights,and Crimson Trace Grips on the,My newest member of EDC is my Colt Commander,and its with the gunsmith now haveing Adjustable Meprolight night sights mounted on the the slide......The sights were $130.00 alone, online.Im not going to put Crimson Trace grips on the Commander,I like the way it looks now.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/TNMitch_2009/
HPIM0737.jpg

#25 ·
Most civilian shootings are up close & personal. No need for any sights IMHO. Plus I would have to call a time out so I could put on my shooting glasses, which by the way, are not the same as my reading glasses. I vote NO on night sights.
PS: I've done some night shooting & the muzzle blast lights up the target just fine.

#28 ·
Absolutely. There are many many many times when you have enough light to identify your target (dark street, inside a vehicle, in your house with only a television on, etc). This is when you need the sights. In this amount of light, you see your target, but there is NO WAY you can see your black (presumably) sights against their COM. This is where night sights shine (hehe). Another thing I've noticed and like about them is that you can see where your gun is aimed in the dark from your hip out of the corner of your eye, can't do that any other time. When it's light out, use the top of the post. Mepro seem a little better, but I've noticed trijicons look nicer and might be better during the day if you like to use the dots (I don't).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.