Glock 26 vs Glock 19 accuracy?

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Glock 19 accuracy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious how much more accurate the 19 is over the 26. I shot my glock 26 at 10 yards and could keep everything in ...

Thread: Glock 26 vs Glock 19 accuracy?

Glock 26 vs Glock 19 accuracy?

Just curious how much more accurate the 19 is over the 26.

I shot my glock 26 at 10 yards and could keep everything in a pie plate off hand.

I was wondering what the experience has been with people that have shot both.

Wondering how worth it would be to pick up the 19 as well.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think you will find a difference between the two...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The accuracy of a gun I think depends on the shooter operating the gun. For me I can shoot my G26 slightly better than my G19, and I do not know why given the slight difference in sight radius. I can still keep most of my shots within the black area on the target with both guns at least, and I usually practice at 10-15 yards. Sometimes I will go out to 20-25 yards if I feel like shooting from the bench.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I'm just as accurate with my G27 as with my G19 if that tells anything.

I'm better with the full grip of the compact models. The subcompacts just aren't as stable to me. Guys always say "put a mag extension on it". That just makes it the same size as my compact, so why not benefit from the longer barrel?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I'm a little more accurate with the Glock 19, but I've owned that gun longer... since I start practicing with Glock 26 more often I've closed the gap... I think the real difference is the magazine size... I can shoot more rounds with the 19 before changing the magazine than I can with the 26... that is if I compare 100 rounds shot with the 19 and 100 rounds with the 26.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    With the pinky base plate added, they feel and shoot exactly the same to me. I have even seen people add a G19 barrel and a longer magazine to the 26!!! Makes it functionally identical.

All quality modern handguns are accurate enough to shoot a few inches at 25 yards. Everything else is the shooter. With your 26, I bet you could get a 1/4 pie plate at 10 yards if you are up to it!

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Exactly. The only difference that will show is the shooter.

Thanks for the input. I put a couple of the Pearce mag extensions on tonight that I got from Ram Rod. Thanks again!

The grip feels a lot more natural. with the extensions.

I think I won't worry about the extra barrel lenth. Even with the mag extension the back part of the butt of the grip is cut off and it prints a lot less than my HK USPc, the grip always seems to stick out a bunch more than the glock.

I shot both of them side by side last weekend before I put on the extension plates and the HK was a little bit more accurate, but I've had that pistol for a long time, and most of the rounds were fired in single action.

I think with the extensions and your input, I probably will pass on the g19 for now. If I want the added firepower, I'll pack a 19 mag as a secondary.

I carry a Glock 27 sub,witha pinky extension,handles better,9 in clip,1,in pipe,and I carry a Glock 22, 15 round mag,with a extenion sleve,which slides over and down the mag to take up the room at the bottom,which gives me 25 rounds between the 2 msgs,of 40 cal.if needed,pic of G22 15 rd mag inserted,standard 9 mags,with +1 to the right of

The gun to the left is the S&W M&P 40 cal.both guns have Meprolight night sights,and Crimson Trace Laser Grips,bothg are EDC guns I trust,day or night,the M&P carrys about 16 in each clip,40 cal.

jfl
    I have both; I am a little better with the G-26 maybe because I have a couple thousand rds more in it.
    For "combat accuracy" no difference; it's the shooter !
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

My experience with many Glocks is that I can often shoot my G26 as fast and accurate as the full-sized models, especially in 9mm.

I currently shoot a G26 in IDPA competitions in the morning sessions in the ESP division, fully concealed with my IWB carry holster. No gaming at all, but actual street conditions. Then, in the afternoon re-shoot I'll use my G34 and an OWB holster in order to 'game' the score as much as possible. The G34 is also my primary home defense weapon with a Stream Light TL2 laser/light combination and I practice with that as much as possible as well. The laser is zeroed for about a 20-foot shot and it is awesome to use.

Surprisingly, my scores/times with the G26 aren't THAT much worse than the G34. So, in the long run, it all comes down to practice and in duplicating real-life conditions as much as possible. That's why I've become such an advocate of IDPA competition and just re-joined for three years. It's as close to reality as you can get and you get the extra thrill of seeing how you compare to the other shooters (and just about all of them are friendly and willing to compare tips with you when you are behind the firing line).

So, carry the G26 without finger extensions with a tuckable holster if necessary; move up to a 2-round extension when you can carry under a sweater, sweatshirt or other garment; and practice and compete!!! When you accept the burden of carrying a gun for defense, you must also accept the responsibility of becoming the best possible craftsman with the tool you choose.

Good luck and have fun but never forget the basics.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

I have owned both and while my G19 is easier to shoot, the G26 can be just as accurate with more practice as the others have stated. I do notice a little less felt recoil with the G19 that may allow for better accuracy, especially with less experienced shooters.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Agree. Both are quite accurate. Not target pistols, mind you. But, clearly sufficient for SD/HD purposes.

Links