Defensive Carry banner

Hard chromed Colt Commander...pics!

4K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 ·
#12 ·
No stone left unturned

There is a lot of work in that gun. I don't know what else one could do to it. I'd be afraid to carry it because it must be worth a lot.

#13 ·
That gun could be sufficient grounds for divorce. I get put in the doghouse for buying tupperware, I can't imagine the hell I would endure if I dropped coin on that. I would go something like this:

...Honey, come look at my new gun! :smoke23:

...Why do you need another gun, you already have over a dozen? :confused:

...Yeah, but I have always wanted a 1911 and this one just called out to me and said "take me home". :embarassed:

...You're an Idiot! :nono: How much did it cost? :drillsergeant:

...Ummm :gah:

...How much!? :argue:

...Uhhh $2795.00

:vollkommenauf:

#14 ·
How much time did the build take?

#16 ·
Hard Chrome only ever looks as good as the substrate is prepared underneath it and pistolwretch does flawless metal work. :king:

That is one of the nicest hard Chromed handguns I've ever seen.

#17 · (Edited)
It sorta reminds me of my own project 1911 of 7-yrs ago. I get sick every time I recall the day I sold it. It was never to be duplicated and it was spot-on and held its own but, not near as pretty as your rig.
Regards,:tumbleweed:

#20 ·
Thanks for the nice comments.
This one was built to rigid specifications as requested by the owner.
The essence of owning a true 'custom' gun is in having it built YOUR WAY, not the way your pistolsmith prefers.

"How in the world did you get the slide blank in photo 2, and roll marked in the rest?"

This is a simple matter of a lighting anomaly. Rest assured I do not Photoshop alter pictures of my work to artificially enhance their appearance or to hide flaws. Sometimes the eye and the lens see different things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.