cz pcr

This is a discussion on cz pcr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i bought a cz pcr yesterday after reading good things about them here and at other forums. i put 50 rounds through it today and ...

Thread: cz pcr

Thumbs up cz pcr

i bought a cz pcr yesterday after reading good things about them here and at other forums.
    i put 50 rounds through it today and i can say everything i read about them is true. it feels great in my hand and, for me, points well. i was hitting consistently within 4 shots.
    i tried some umc 115gr. hollowpoints and ball. no problems, but that's only 50 rounds. hopefully depending on work/weather i can try it some more next weekend.
    the main reason i bought it was i didn't really like my g26, nothing wrong with the glock, but i just couldn't keep my mind off the fact that the glock has no conventional safety.
    i know, the safey's between your ears, but i just couldn't stop thinking about it. old fashioned i know, but to me the glock trigger seems lots easier than a d/a revolver or a gun with a safety and i couldn't overcome that.
    the only things i'm gonna do to the pcr is get a metal guide rod(stock is real flimsy) and some night sights maybe.
    as has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum, cz's are highly underrated.

2. Remove Ads

SIR, the scumbag regrets to inform the SENIOR MODERATOR that webtv cannot take/post pictures,SIR.
    i may get a computer soon, but i like the no virus/spyware/hackability of webtv. also, if the lightning gods strike here AGAIN(4 times in two years), i'm only out 90 bucks,lol

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - that ''lightning deal'' eh Craig! Well yes it has proved itself to strike more than twice!

Get storms here and I am busy unplugging all sorts of stuff! WebTV has it's definite uses.

We'll forgive you - well I will Seems like a nice aquisition and yeah - does seem CZ's often under rated - those I have shot I must say I quite liked.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats, Craig. My wife loves her PCR, and I have the P-01 (like a PCR with a light rail.) I think CZs are some of the most underrated pistols out there. Any idea what sort of sights you want to get?

BTW if you want more info on CZs, check out www.czshooters.com & www.czforum.com.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    SIR, the scumbag regrets to inform the SENIOR MODERATOR that webtv cannot take/post pictures,SIR.
    i may get a computer soon, but i like the no virus/spyware/hackability of webtv. also, if the lightning gods strike here AGAIN(4 times in two years), i'm only out 90 bucks,lol
    OMG.. rememberances of boot camp!
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

p95carry. i had everything but the phone line unplugged, oops. it even killed my stereo. the last time it was so close you could hear the sizzle as it came down
    dirksterg30.. i haven't decided which sights to get. gonna check czforum and see what they recommend. thanks for the info.
    ride4thebrand.. sorry,lol. it's the first thing that came to mind

Your going to enjoy that PCR for a long time. Everything that I feed mine fires flawlessly.. Along with the replaceing the guide rod (mines fired over 1000 rounds with out replacement) other "good" things to change are the mag. springs, and extractor spring. Look at the Wolff springs site for those. They are cheap, and will add even more reliability to a very good gun.. IMHO with the alloy frame, they make one of the best IWB, carry pieces that I've ever owned.
    CraigJS (PS: like your name )
    http://www.meprolight.com/
    http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

Congats on your cz purchase. I have a pcr and love it. Its one of the few 9mms Ive had that has been very accuarte. Ive made decent hits on target out to 50 yds with this gun. I just got some houge grips for mine they have to be modified though. You can find instructions on the cz web forum for that. Enjoy your new gun. Sixgun.

Wait a second... someone is still using WebTV?
    Man... that's like using Paper Cartridges.

george hill... paper cartridges can still go boom,lol. i don't need a puter, yet. mostly surf the forums and send emails. oh yeah, i check out a LOT of gun related sites too, lol.

Links