Just fired my new carry gun - a Springfield Professional

Just fired my new carry gun - a Springfield Professional

This is a discussion on Just fired my new carry gun - a Springfield Professional within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Owwwww yeahhhhhh baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hooked. I didn't felt so insync with a gun since I had my HK USPC in 45 back in 2000. ...

Thread: Just fired my new carry gun - a Springfield Professional

Talking Just fired my new carry gun - a Springfield Professional

Owwwww yeahhhhhh baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hooked. I didn't felt so insync with a gun since I had my HK USPC in 45 back in 2000. I tried not to show the excitement, but I couldn't help it. Lined it up at a 50yds target and fired 5 rounds from a mixed mag. All rounds into the target at about 9 inches apart/group - and I was just goofing around! Then I got froggy and aimed at a 9"x11" steel plate at 100yds. Again 5 rounds goofing around... 3 distinctive hits and 2 strikes to the left of it on the dirt!!! I noticed that I was pulling to the left with my trigger finger as I squeezed, so last two rounds left I took my time squeezing (like two extra seconds), both hit home at 100yrds. This gun is soooooo baaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did have a failure to feed, but I attribute it to the magazine and not the gun, as I was forewarned that it will do that with that specific magazine brand. I guess new mag springs are in order for all mags, as well as the recoil spring, just to be safe.

Its a PC9111 and CRG14xx is the serial number series. I've never owned 1911s, anything to look at before I finish the deal on Wednesday? (I am bartering the Professional for my G23 and G30 + some carry stuff from both) I am getting the Professional and 6 mags for the barter. The guy, who I know personally and feel very at easy dealing with, offered me to pick Wilson or Metalform mags from the pile of like 20mags he handed me over. He's going through a divorce, so it was $1500 for it, but since I have no cash I decided to barter and he said good to go.

Will post pics of it when the deal is done.

Congrats, and welcome to the 1911 club...you're gonna' love that gun!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

you forgot to post pics! you silly man.

1500 hundy is a steal for that piece...I have one brand new..still havent shot it..a travesty I know .

GKG
    Springfield is one of our favorite 1911's
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

That Professional model is the cream of the crop. You made a steal of a deal...even though I would always recommend against getting rid of guns out of my collection...you will always be able to find more Glocks those Springfield Pro models are not easy to find. PLUS GET PICTURES UP!!!!
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Will get pics up once transfer is kopasetic - remember I live down in Puerto Rico and we have to deal with DC like gun laws. Seller and buyer have to be present before a registered arms dealer, with everyone's official firearms licenses, actual firearms and all related paperwork. It is a pain that serves no purpose other than to harass gun owners. Still, until we get together and file a suit a la Heller Vs DC, things ain't gona change.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by motorhed66 View Post
    1500 hundy is a steal for that piece...I have one brand new..still havent shot it..a travesty I know .
    You might want to take a look at the Professional thread over at the 1911fourm, its got extensive info on the gun and its operation, etc. Heres the link:

official "PROFESSIONAL" specification thread. - 1911Forum

Sponsored Links