Beretta Mini Cougar ~ Any Carry Concealed ?

This is a discussion on Beretta Mini Cougar ~ Any Carry Concealed ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just asked to ask you good forum members if any of you have carried the Beretta Mini Cougar concealed? In any caliber. Have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Mini Cougar ~ Any Carry Concealed ?

Administrator

I was just asked to ask you good forum members if any of you have carried the Beretta Mini Cougar concealed? In any caliber.
    Have you ever owned one? Chime in if you have.
    Your comments and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
    I have owned a couple of other Beretta Firearms in the past but, I know next to nothing about the Mini Cougar.
    I think somebody on our forum sold one in the "Members Buy Sell Trade" area a while back.

Click Here To View The Specs.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    No Beretta's in this guy's safe QK but did have a chance to shoot one in 9mm year or two back.

Overall I liked it and tho rather heavy - it is something I would not rule out for carry. I actually prefer Berett'as small offerings to things like the 92 category.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Look like a interesting Gun but i have no personal exp with one

VIP Member
    I have a MiniCougar 8045D. I have carried it concealed in a Don Hume JIT OWB holster with one spare 8045 (full-size w/o the mag spacer) magazine.

They are very nice guns and soak up recoil magnificently, thanks to its rotating barrel design. I've fired Corbon 165 grain +P JHP rounds out of it with no problems. Fired out of my 8045D, those rounds were very controllable. I've fired that same round out of my Star PD and I will never, ever do that again....the round was hard to control and the recoil smashed the gun so hard into my hand that it was cut.

I replaced the 8045D as my .45 ACP carry gun only because I picked up a Kahr P45 which is lighter, thinner and just as accurate and controllable in rapid .45 fire.

One thing I did not like about the 8045D is the trigger pull. While the pull is very smooth in and it has a manageable reset, the DAO trigger pull is heavy....so much so, that I can only fire about 75 rounds or so before my trigger finger is tired and sore from pulling the trigger.

I know George Hill has a nice review of his MiniCougar 8045F on this madogre.com site.

If you are interested in purchasing one, and you should, they are nice, albeit discontinued, guns, I see them for sale on the Beretta Forum, Gunbroker and Auction Arms fairly frequently.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Buddy of mine just bought one in 380. I shot 2 clips nice gun.
    If its not loaded it just a paper weight!

VIP Member
    ScottVA: The Mini Cougar was offered in .45 ACP, 9mm and .40 S&W and not .380 ACP. The full-size Cougar was chambered in those calibers and added the 357 SIG.

I think you mean the Cheetah.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Miggy, I think has one and he loves it. I also think, the model has been discontinued. Otherwise I would have bought one. But I balk at the full size 8045 for the capacity & price.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Yep -- Cougars were discontinued.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

Administrator

Thumbs up

A guy that used to work with me (many moons ago) has a chance to buy a used one. I just wanted to run the gun by you folks first.

While the gun may be great (if discontinued) he may have minor problems with extra mags & holster availability also.

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to print this entire thread & mail it to him. I'll wait and see if there are any more additions posted before I do that.

Exclamation Cougar 45? GRAB IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    A guy that used to work with me (many moons ago) has a chance to buy a used one. I just wanted to run the gun by you folks first.

While the gun may be great (if discontinued) he may have minor problems with extra mags & holster availability also.

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to print this entire thread & mail it to him. I'll wait and see if there are any more additions posted before I do that.

Let me put it this way...If I had the opportunity to buy a min-cougar 45 I'd grab it and never look back!!! I tried, I really tried but was unable to find a local example. I dislike the Guns America or Gun Broker routes. I wouldn't worry about mag availability or holsters those are always around. Remember this wasn't exactly a short run for a line of guns. Anything more than two years is available in sp parts and accessories forever. It means at least a hundred thousand minimum were sold and probably many times that.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

Thumbs up Thanks ExSoldier

Good input.
    Admittedly, I've never had much of a personal reason to keep myself "updated" on Beretta firearms.
    All of my early experiences with a few various Beretta handguns were highly positive though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I agree with Ex... Many on the Beretta forum are lamenting the passing of the Cougar and wondering just what they are thinking over there in Italy.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

I have heard a lot of great reports on the mini cougar in 45. Like the Ruger P97 that I carry (and has since been replaced with the P345), it seems like the manufactures are too quick expire a good product.

I will be on the look out for a used 8045D...sounds like a worthy addition and a great carry gun.

Used to carry my .45 Mini Cougar all the time. Loved it, absolutely loved it. Reliable and surprisingly accurate. Kinda chunky, but still sexy and fun...
    Like Liv Tyler's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    Reliable and surprisingly accurate. Kinda chunky, but still sexy and fun...
    Like Liv Tyler's sister.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links