Does anyone here carry more than one gun?

This is a discussion on Does anyone here carry more than one gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here carry more than one gun concealed? And if you do can you please share how you conceal them. I think its a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here carry more than one gun?

Does anyone here carry more than one gun concealed? And if you do can you please share how you conceal them. I think its a good idea to have two guns on just in case one jams Thank You

I have carried two pistols concealed on occasion.

G22 strongside OWB in Ahern pancake, and G27 weak side crossdraw with Mitch Rosen Upper Limit OWB....same caliber with spare G22 mag in jacket pocket.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    That varies greatly with me. I ususally only carry one, unless its a really hinky day. I usually carry OWB left and right side, usually both sigs one 229, one 220. I have added a Grendal P-12 .380 in a back pocket, but thats only been twice.

Pistol (S)

I carry a sidearm IWB, I switch between a few different ones depending on my mood. I carry a Kel Tec .32 in a pocket holster in my weak side back pocket.

Before that setup I primarily carried a 1911 IWB. I kept a NAA .22mag and a 10 round Wilson magazine in my weak side back pocket. They held each other in position perfectly.

i normally carry two; i carry either a S&W Sigma or Taurus PT1911 at 3 o'clock, and a Keltec P3AT in my left front pocket.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    If I carry two it is a G27 on my strong side hip with a KT P3AT in my pocket.

I don't carry two all the time though. I start to feel overloaded sometimes with my primary plus a spare mag, secondary, cell phone, Surefire 6P, wallet, keys, etc.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Sure do. Carry my SA .45 in a HBE IWB SS and a S&W 19 in an Alessi shoulder holster. Just started this bout 2 months ago and find both very comfortable. Way quicker on the reload or should I say unholster. You can't see the Springer too well in the pics. Actually thinking of going back to my old Smiths "K" snubs for CC full time. The Alessi Body Guard is super comfortable and very easy to conceal either under a jacket or a t-shirt with a button down.

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Since I've changed my "stronghand" side, due to carrying an autoloader now instead of a wheelie, I've had to move the location of my BUG.

The BUG is now in an OWB on the left hip. The "Primary" is IWB on the right hip. I tend to favor shooting revolvers left handed and autoloaders right handed and have been carrying a revolver as a primary for the past couple of years. Therefore, my left hand is used to reaching for and drawing a gun when needed.

Since I've had a revolver in that location for some time I decided to keep my BUG there, as I didn't want to reach for it one day and not have it be there. For those of you that aren't aware, I did make the transition to carrying an autoloader off duty as my off duty gun.

I like having a gun accessable to either hand because first hand expirience has taught me that I will not know which hand I will have available to draw with when I need to draw.

Biker

Most of the time I carry a G27 IWB tuckable; snubby in ankle holster. Otherwise, the snubby in a Smartcarry; G27 in ankle holster.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I always carry two guns.One IWB at 4:30 and the other is weak side rear pocket.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Either IWB or OWB, with ankle BUG (MK9) on occasion (like when driving long distances, ankle is easy to get to--to use or to pass to Household-6)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

los
    I alternate front pocket/back pocket carry between my Seecamps [LWS32 and LWS380],..along with my G26 in a SuperTuck.

I tri-carry on occasion.

During the class, my CCW Instructor told us that he often carried 4 handguns and also had his Colt Python loaded with hollowpoints in an unzipped soft case positioned next to his leg in his truck.

His favorite line was" I never wanna be outgunned" .. BTW, he's about 63 years young.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Yes, two P229s, most frequently in a Bulman FDS on one side, and a Kramer IWB #1-1/2 on the other, positioned for a crossdraw. I don't have a pic, but Ram Rod's photo shows he carries his Glocks as I do my SIGs.

"Jamming" is NOT why I carry two guns. Neither of my P229s has ever malfunctioned. Jam is something that Brits spread on their biscuits.
    Last edited by Rexster; March 29th, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo

kpw
    Sure do. Tomcat or P32 in left front pocket, usually.

Yup. Carry G26 3:30 OWB strong side, two spare mags weakside OWB, J Frame 642 inside left ankle.

As for your original question, if you are worried about a "jam", it would appear your primary is a semi-automatic, then I would recommend you practice on clearing malfunctions and carry a spare mag (or two) to alleviate that worry.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links