Sw m&p9

This is a discussion on Sw m&p9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rented one today cleaned it before I fired it. Not bad at all, I have owned a Glock since they only made the G17, so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sw m&p9

Sw m&p9

Rented one today cleaned it before I fired it. Not bad at all, I have owned a Glock since they only made the G17, so I would like to know how many of you guys and girls may have gone from a Glock to the M&P and are not looking back.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

2. Remove Ads

Glocks have never fit my hands. I have shot 3 different Glocks.

My M&P fits my hands perfectly, points naturally for me and my 40c has very little recoil compared to any other 40 I have shot.

If the M&P feels right and you shoot it well... buy it!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com
    Check here, lots of input from shooters, some ex-Glock guys around. I'm the same way, the Glocks never were right for me but the M and P fits great and I like the feel of the trigger. Highly subjective though.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Glocks are good, just not for me, that's all.
    My S&W M&P .40c is great! I love the gun, I carry it when I'm not carrying my Sig.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

I've shot glocks but I prefer the S&W M&P 9c for CC
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

i prefer my M&P 9c over Glock 26.. a little narrower and a lot better feel in hand..

i agree that Glock makes fantastic weapons, i just prefer my M&P..

I really was drooling over a M&Pc in .40 at the gun store the other day...I really liked that gun. Thought it would be a good friend to my 229 .40.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I am a former Glock owner and now own 4 M&P's. My son just traded off his last Glock to purchase his second M&P.

Mine:
    • M&P40
    • M&P357
    • M&P9c
    • M&P9 Pro Series

Sons:
    • M&P9 Pro Series
    • M&P357c

Once you get used to the feel and aesthetics of an M&P, there is no going back to a Glock.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

I've got a Glock 19 that I carry on rare occasions. I tried out the M&P9c and very nearly traded in the Glock. I've got a lot of Glock mags I'd have to replace if I did that though, plus leather, sights, etc.. If it weren't for that I'd own the Smith & Wesson. To me the soft, tactile grip is light years ahead of Glock and the interchangeable back straps makes it fit more shooters. Just be sure to check if you're buying the one with or without the magazine disconnect safety (personally I hate them).

The one thing Glock has going for it is spare parts availability. That might change at some point but when I was looking, any spare or replacement parts for the M&P came from the factory and you had to send in your pistol in most cases. Just something to consider.
    Jack

I carry a 9C, but im not about to give up on my G19, in fact, ill probably never come off of it. The only thing I dont like about my 9C is that the trigger guard comes down farther then I would like it to near the grip.

I carry an M&P 45 compact,my wife shot it sunday and blew the center out of the bullseye at 10 yards,she said she loved It,I got a feeling when she moves here and gets her CHL I will have to buy her one to carry
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The M&P 9mm full size is on my list of things to buy.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Senior Moderator
    I went from Glock to M&P (9mm) and then back to Glock without looking back. Although I still have my M&P - I just can't stand the trigger reset - the pull is kinda draggy, scratchy too, but the reset is mushy as it gets.

A Glock with a Ghost Tactical ($25) connector is about as good as it gets for trigger performance in a non-1911 gun.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

M&P 9C is at the very top of my wish list. One of the nicest guns I've shot. I found it to point very naturally and have great follow up shots due tot the ergos and low recoil (even as a compact, it was nicer to shoot than most full sizers I've tried). Very cool gun. The biggest gripe I've heard is that it has a mushy trigger with poor reset, but I didn't notice when I range tested one. All the other pluses compensated for it.

I, too, have been on the fence about going from my G19 to an M&P. The S&W does feel more "natural" in my hand. As for the occasional mention of the M&P mushy trigger re-set, Bowie Tactical specializes in work on both brands. I recently shot a Bowie-tuned M&P trigger. It was terrific.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links