What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS?

This is a discussion on What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interestingly, the literature that I have read about the Sig 232 is that it is a blow-back action. There are very few pistols that operate ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS?

Interestingly, the literature that I have read about the Sig 232 is that it is a blow-back action. There are very few pistols that operate with a blow-back action, and they generally are limited to smaller caliber pistols. One high volume seller of blow-back pistols is the Hi-Point who also makes larger caliber blow-backs but with a hugh slide to accommodate the blow-back action. Of course, the quality and precision is no where close to the same as Sig.

For more information about "blow-back" see:

Blowback (arms) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Remove Ads

I like the 232 and thought about getting one, but I'm going to hold off for the new Sig P238 that's coming out. If you're getting a good price I'd say go for it!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Thanks Ya'll. I'm picking up my little Sig 380 on Fri. Not as my CCW so much. I just like it! Would be nice for the wife to use or just put it in my desk at work.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    If limited to .380, the P232 would be my choice. Nothing else even comes close. Well, we have a Walther PP that is a work of art, but I prefer the SIG decocker system, that cannot be unintentionally on-safed. I am not limited to .380, and carry P229s. My duty pistols are P229s, one of the "approved" choices, all of which are .40s, and it simply makes sense for me to carry on my own time what I use at work.

You will never regret getting the Sig. I have four of them and they all perform flawlessly.

The Sig is a great gun...
    Highly suggest you investigate Hogue grips for it if you decide to put a lot of rounds through it... You hand will thank you!

I had one of these. Like stated above it cut the web of my hand after a couple of rounds and I and trouble with FTF and FTE. I could not depend on the pistol so traded it for Glock 26.
    My collection: Glock G34, G34OD, G17, G26, G26; Ruger KP90; Ruger Blackhawk .357mag; Ruger Standard Auto; Sig P6; Colt Lawman MKIII .357 snub; S&W 642; Hawes Montana Marshal .44mag

Buy it. It never bites my big hands, points great, shoots straight and is super for shoulder rig carry, OWB carry in Sig P232 kydex holster, or pocket carry (tho this is not my favorite way to carry). With the new CC ammo for 380, it's all you need for most situations. The SS model will be heavy for pocket carry IMO. It sure is pretty however.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

I have the P232SL, I so wish they would make a 9mm on this platform they would sell plenty of them. For ammo check out the Gold Dots from Buffalo Bore, better ballistics than hydrashoks in 38 special, it's what I tote in all my 380's.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

The Sig 232 - The only pistol I sold that I punished myself later for doing. Bought another. The Hogue grips really help!

Go for the Sig 230 made in germany ...... the latest made in Exterter Conn are borderline

I have two sig 232 pistols and love them.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    Interestingly, the literature that I have read about the Sig 232 is that it is a blow-back action. There are very few pistols that operate with a blow-back action, and they generally are limited to smaller caliber pistols...
    Every .380 I've ever seen was a blowback action, except for a few of the micros like the P3AT, Kahr P380 & LCP. Walther, Beretta, SIG, Colt, Mauser are all blowback action.

Regards,
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links