What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS?

This is a discussion on What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS? Have found a good deal on one and would like to here reviews on this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS?

What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS? Have found a good deal on one and would like to here reviews on this gun.
    Attached Images
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    What do ya'll think of the Sig 232 380 SS? Have found a good deal on one and would like to here reviews on this gun.
    Loved mine. Be careful with your grip position, she might get a little bitey.

I was in a toss up between the Sig p232 in stainless and a Walther PPKs. I found a smoking deal on a Walther PPKs, but wish I would have gone the other route after I put a few hundred down range with the PPKs.

I worked at a range when I bought my PPKs and we had P232 to rent. The thing about the PPKs is the beavertail edges are not sharp but just not rounded and will cut you up with the recoil. The P232 is better balanced and had not one problem with operation after a few hundred through it. By the way the few hundred put through P232 was through a very dirty range gun that never got cleaned and probably didn't have drop of oil on it and like I said it ran flawlessly. I forgot to mention that the P232 seems to be much more accurate. If you have that specific niche for this model I would say 2 thumbs up!!

Plus take it from this Glock, Smith, Sprinfield, Kimber owner. You can't go wrong with a Sig.

Good Luck!
    "Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun."

Choice Freedom, Stay Armed!

Sold on a .380? There are higher caliber guns out there the same size or smaller.
    If you are, I think the Sig is a fine choice.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

That one is really pretty. There are smaller guns with more power, and much smaller guns with just as much power. However, the P232 is wonderful to shoot and if you can afford the ammo you could shoot it for fun all day. It will nick your hand if you grip it wrong but that's a lesson you'll learn quickly... took me about one good nick before I figured out what to do.

Personally I bought an LCP instead. If I wanted a gun that size I would have bought a Kahr .40. Still smaller and a lot more power. Better off getting a smaller gun for carry and a bigger gun for playing with, in my opinion.

How good of a deal are we talking? If it's a great deal go for it - absolutely nothing wrong with that gun. Just better options if the deal isn't great enough.

purty
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

GKG
    Don't like the 'heal' mag release or the heavy sig trigger, other than that, it's a good little gun.
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I have a P230 SS and, like many have said, it's not the greatest firepower to size/weight platform out there. I keep mine because even very recoil sensitive people can shoot it with no problems, and because it is insanely accurate for such a small gun.

For someone who needs something that they can control, can be confident with, and who will shoot better with a "medium sized" .380 than they might with a true pocket pistol, the P230/232 is, IMO, king of the hill.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thumbs up You Won't Regret Adding a P232 to Your Safe!

I have one but not a stainless model. It is what I carry around the house or if I am running someplace in a pair of shorts. Like already said you have to watch your grip because you could get a nasty bite.

I won't get into the "small caliber" debate. I wouldn't want to get shot with anything and I think a .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home any day. Shoot someone in the gut 4 or 5 times with anything and they aren't getting up anytime soon.

We camp and on the camping boards it's "if you don't tow with at least a 3/4 ton truck you are doing it wrong". I don't have a 3/4 ton truck but I do have several .45's in the safe and most of the time carry one. For some situations the .380 fits the bill for me and it's what I strap on.

IMO the Sig 232 is the "Rolls Royce of .380's".

Be Safe

NosaM

VIP Member
    I had a P232, the alloy version. I sold it and kept the PPK - boy, was that a mistake.

The Sig P232 is just about the best 380 out there IMHO. The only other pistol that comes close is the Beretta 85FS, but it is larger.

You can't go wrong with the Sig.

Very accurate, and well made with traditional Sig quality. I dont like the Euro mag release on the heel though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

mrm
    In my opinion only! The .380 is designed for pocket carry only pretty much so if I was gonna get a pocket carry unless your pockets are bigger than mine and you belt is sinched down tighter it would not be that gun. (very nice looking gun tho). My Keltec p3at is light and has functioned flawlessly (after 100 rnds) remember unless a gun is able to be put to use with every dress code you have you are less likely to carry it all the time. IMO
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Get it. It's a very nice gun. Wish they had the SS version where I got my 232 from.

The only problem I see with the Sig 232 is it's size. It's way big for a .380.
    I'm hoping the Sig P-238 finally makes an appearance.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    I have four different versions of the Sig and my favorite at the range is the all stainless model because of it's extra weight. I prefer the alloy model for CCW because it is substancially lighter.

My stainless model came to me slightly used with both Nill (as shown in your picture), and factory grips for $450. Any price around that is a good one.

The P232 is a great natural pointer that is very easy to accurately shoot quickly. They are very slim for concealment and the operation is as simple as possible. The build quality is high, the materials first rate and the maintenance easy. I don't really like safeties on my CCWs so I look for and prefer DA/SA type triggers and as far as I'm concerned the trigger is perfect for safe carry. In SA it resets quickly for careful aimed slower shots.

My only gripe is that the magazines are not as well made today as they once were. The ones with metal followers are better IMHO.

There are many holsters to choose from as these are very popular guns. A good choice for anyones collection or to carry.

My stainless is on loan to a brother, but you can tell I really like the little Sig. Here are the others...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links