Best adjustable sights for Glock 27

This is a discussion on Best adjustable sights for Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, went to the range with my 9 and 10 yr old boys yesterday and was shooting my Glock 22 and 27 both performed ...

Thread: Best adjustable sights for Glock 27

Best adjustable sights for Glock 27

Hi guys, went to the range with my 9 and 10 yr old boys yesterday and was shooting my Glock 22 and 27 both performed flawless but the 27 is new to me and also shooting about 6 in low at 10 yards they are not adj sights but I would like some preferably night sights also Thanks for you input
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

2. Remove Ads

The 27 is not really intended for a role that would require adjustable sights. I would suggest yo ujust practice more with it.

I don't believe you require adjustable sights. its possible your front sight is too high, but if they are standard glock sights I doubt that is the issue. You might want to check this post and make sure you are getting a perfect sight picture:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hts-101-a.html
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Please take this the right way cause I really am not meaning it wrong
    Ive been shooting for 20 years with multiple handguns and rifles Im not the best but I can sure the hell hit the bulls eye at 10 yards ( I shoot at the targets with 4 small and 1 big bullseye and hit everyone with my glock 22.
    The 27 is new to me and everything but the trigger pull is the same and 10 yards is not a far enough distance away to make a differnce on the size issue so that leads me to believe there is something wrong with the sights of the gun if I can group with it perfectly fine but 6 in low everytime.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

If you have big hands like I do you may need to check your grip and trigger finger placement. I had to find the correct place to put my finger on the trigger. I was shooting low and a little to the left when I first got mine.

Mine came with trijicon night sights. I have not had any issue with them. I have the same sights on my G23 as well.

Glock make a decent adjustable sight for their guns. Not too costly either but its not a night sight.
    God & Guns!

glock makes a adjustable sight. i shoot the g27 more than i do my other glocks and i carry one on duty. never had this problem with it. i don't think it is a sight problem, might be, but i just don't. the g27 takes a little time to get use to it. i have picked up several used one from people/co-workers that have said that they can not shoot it and/or it does not shoot as good as the other glocks (g22/g23 etc..). their loss is my gain.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

At ten yards you should just cover up whatever you are trying to shoot with the big golf ball as seen below. If that still doesn't work, move your sight picture up about six inches above your target.

I have a nice set of adjustable fairly low profile Trijicon night sites on my G20. Use them as CCW daily with no problems. Not sure if they're available for the G27 but it's a place to start. Did you have a chance to try more than one type of ammo in your G27? The pistol may just be hinky with certain ammo. FYI my G27 (traded off) was dead on with the top of the cheap factory front post at center of target at 20 yards with most ammo. I think the factory uses a couple different height posts on different models, could your pistol have the wrong one?

All my Glocks get fixed three dot sights instead of the Glock factory sights. With these sight I have shot my 22, 23, and 27 in the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF) - http://www.gssfonline.com/ - matches and have finished in or near the upper 1/3 of each class I have entered.

The 27 with a smaller grip and shorter sight radius takes more concentration to shoot accurately. Keep in mind that two identical Glocks, shot side by side by the same person, may shoot the exact same ammunition to different points of aim.

Try another brand or bullet weight for your ammunition, and practice, practice, practice, both live fire and dry fire.

I understand that Glock makes front sights in different heights. If so, then your difficulty might be easily solved.

Links