Polymer PPK or Clone

Polymer PPK or Clone

This is a discussion on Polymer PPK or Clone within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a big fan of blowback operated PPK style pistols, most of the time these weapons are chambered in .32 or .380 ACP caliber. Realizing ...

Thread: Polymer PPK or Clone

Post Polymer PPK or Clone

I'm a big fan of blowback operated PPK style pistols, most of the time these weapons are chambered in .32 or .380 ACP caliber. Realizing that the PPK has been copied many times by many different companies, IE the Bersa Thunder, Feg Pa-63 and Sig-Sauer 232 et cetera, was there ever a polymer framed PP or PPK variant? The weapon has always been heavy side for the caliber it shot in my opinion, so I’m curious if there has ever been anything lighter out there. This was basically my only problem with the PPK style of pistol, I have a Bersa with an aluminum frame but it still tips the scale at more than 22 ounces, so I led myself to this polymer question and have thus far turned up nothing in my search. So I ask you wise gun lords of DC, can you answer my question?

PS: I'm aware of the LCP and other pocket guns, I desire weapons either designed after the PPK or variant or in the same size class or design.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Taurus makes some polymer framed .380acp pistols. I wouldn't call the Taurus a PPK clone, but then again I wouldn't call the Sig or Bersa PPK clones either.
    Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Ripley16: I suppose the weapon I wondering about I guess would be closer to appearance than function to the PPK. Anyway unless that Taurus is significantly different from the PT111 9mm that I have played with then it will be very top heavy. I'm not sure if that's just a quality of polymer frame guns. But that is how I thought of the taurus line of weapons in that category.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Good question… None that I know of. I love my PPKs and would welcome a Polymer clone.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    With the price of .380 I would be considering a single stack 9mm instead.

To me the cost difference is marginal at best, I know 9mm can be had in a similar or even smaller package than some .380s but your run of the mill 9mm will never have the feeling and history of the PPK. I just want to capture some of that grace in polymer.
    -Hybridz.org

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    With the price of .380 I would be considering a single stack 9mm instead.
    Both price and availability right now...would lead most to the 9mm...IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OK, I'll bite and concede that 9mm is a more common round. So, is there a PPK clone in 9mm out there somewhere?
    -Hybridz.org

The Taurus PT 138 is only 3 ounces lighter than my PT145 Millenium Pro in .45 caliber. The PT145 carries concealed quite well with a Don Hume IWB holster and is very very reassuring to carry. I have a Bersa .380 that I like a lot and if I were going to carry a .380 I'd get the Bersa .380 CC.

I found an interesting tidbit this morning. It would seem that Walther made a alum. fram PPK in the post war years. Does anyone have any experience with this alum. frame pistol?
    -Hybridz.org

Walther also has their own polymer .380 coming out. Not a PPK clone, but it is a Walther.

I'd love to see a new PPK come out. But until then a Makarov is in my future.

Sponsored Links