The wait is over

The wait is over

This is a discussion on The wait is over within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got the call today that my first Kimber was ready for me to pick up. I'm glad things worked out the way they did, I ...

Thread: The wait is over

The wait is over

Got the call today that my first Kimber was ready for me to pick up.
    I'm glad things worked out the way they did, I so like the Kimber over the SA I was going to get. Funny how these things happen.
    So here she is, a brand spanking new Kimber Custom TLE II.

TLEII.JPG

TLEIIc.JPG

TLEIIa.JPG

Hope to hit the range this weekend if the weather holds out. I will post results from the range after this weekend.

kid, very cool!

Man that internal extracor is a site for soar eyes. The only down fall to that gun is the black finish Kimbers uses, it will wear quicky if you are going to holster carry it. If not the finish is A O.K.

Will be waiting on a range report when you can.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Very NICE!
    John Moses Browning and Eugene Stoner were the Albert Einstein's of the Gun Industry!

Lead Moderator
    Nice, Why do you like the Kimber better?

Assistant Administrator
    Handsome that's for sure

Hope range session goes well to get her broken in.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Very nice indeed....
    must have one of those myself someday...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Congrats looking forward to a range report

DC Founder
    Hope you like yours as well as I like mine. I have never had a FTE, FTE or anything out of it. Good, solid, accurate gun....

Quote Originally Posted by Kid1911
    Got the call today that my first Kimber was ready for me to pick up.
    I'm glad things worked out the way they did, I so like the Kimber over the SA I was going to get. Funny how these things happen.
    So here she is, a brand spanking new Kimber Custom TLE II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    kid, very cool!

Man that internal extracor is a site for soar eyes. The only down fall to that gun is the black finish Kimbers uses, it will wear quicky if you are going to holster carry it. If not the finish is A O.K.
    Agreed on the extractor, mine has the external but given me no problems to date. The finish on mine, though, has held up very well. Not a mark on it and it is my primary carry gun....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Wow, congrats on the new baby...now off to the range and spank that thang....and prepare for a life of service. P.S. if you have never shot a 1911 before prepare for a good experience....congrats again...OH by the way the gun shoots better than you will.....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Agreed on the extractor, mine has the external but given me no problems to date. The finish on mine, though, has held up very well. Not a mark on it and it is my primary carry gun....

I wonder whats up with that? I had a pre series II that the finish just about jumped off the gun first sign of a holster. I have heard good and bad reviews about the black finish. Mine was not positive!

I wonder if either a differance in holster brands, types of leather, maker, etc, affects it or is the black finish a hit or miss on the quality or how it takes to a perticular gun (Kimber model) or possibly both?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    That is a good look'en pistol! Is this your first 1911? If so, i'm sorry. You'll be satisfied with this one for quite a while but you'll start to have these desires down the road for another!

I wish I'd done what you did. I bought an SA Mil-Spec and it's a great gun that runs perfectly, however, I wish I'd gone ahead and bought a higher end SA or Kimber. I've looked into adding some things to my Mil-Spec but before you know it, your cost in the gun is quite a bit more than if you'd just bought their loaded version up front. And if you sell or trade, you loose a lot!

If anyone asked me for adice, if I know they already like handguns, I'd tell them to get the best one they can afford but to save if they could for a custom or loaded.

Enjoy shooting it, it is a hoot!

Gideon

I decided that I couldn't wait for the weekend and headed out to the range yesterday afternoon. I was able to put 150 rnds through her and had only 3 failure to feeds 1 in each of the first 3 mags. 2 mags being Kimber and the other is from my Ballester Molina. After that the weapon functioned flawlessly and punched a very big hole in the targets. It shot a little high and to the left for the 1st 150 rnds, tomorrow I hope to put another 100 - 200 rnds through it. Most of shooting was between 7 & 15 yards with a shot group of about 3". This Kimber is nicer than the other 1911's I've owned except for the Colt I used to have. (I can kick myself for selling that one) Some of the reasons why I like the Kimber over the SA is No ambi saftey (a plus for me), front strap is checkered, trigger pull is much smoother and lighter, and I like the Meprolight combat sights over the SA's.
    Will update after my next trip to the range.

Links