Glock 30sf to thick to conceal IWB?

This is a discussion on Glock 30sf to thick to conceal IWB? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you guys feel that a Glock 30 would be to thick to carry IWB comfortably and still conceal it well? I ask as I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glock 30sf to thick to conceal IWB?

Do you guys feel that a Glock 30 would be to thick to carry IWB comfortably and still conceal it well? I ask as I use to own and carry a G26 IWB in Florida even in the summer with a T shirt it wasn't an issue. But the G30/30sf on the other hand seem a lot thicker in the slide grip area,is this the case or is it me? Do you feel a Glock 30 is to big to hide in cargo shorts and a T shirt?

Also either the 30 or the 30 both fit my hand well,I have smallish/medium hands but long fingers so I have no issues with the Glock .45's fatter grip. so for those here who ccw a glock 30 what type of IWB rig do you use? Also as a side note does a Glock 30sf use the regular G30/21 magazines? Isn't it only the 21sf that uses different magazines due to its ambi mag release? thanks.

It is a 45....so its not nearly as thin. However, with a good holster and belt combo, you should have no problem.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Do you guys feel that a Glock 30 would be to thick to carry IWB comfortably and still conceal it well? I ask as I use to own and carry a G26 IWB in Florida even in the summer with a T shirt it wasn't an issue. But the G30/30sf on the other hand seem a lot thicker in the slide grip area,is this the case or is it me? Do you feel a Glock 30 is to big to hide in cargo shorts and a T shirt?

Also either the 30 or the 30 both fit my hand well,I have smallish/medium hands but long fingers so I have no issues with the Glock .45's fatter grip. so for those here who ccw a glock 30 what type of IWB rig do you use? Also as a side note does a Glock 30sf use the regular G30/21 magazines? Isn't it only the 21sf that uses different magazines due to its ambi mag release? thanks.

I live in fl and carry a 30sf under a t-shirt every day with no problems
    Christopher67 likes this.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I've been going back/forth on the 30 vs 30sf vs 36 lately. I took my 23 into a local gunshop for comparison of the grips. My 23 is 1st generation and has the Hogue Hand-all grip adapter on it.

Just from eyeballing it and gripping them, the 30 is a little fatter than my 23. The 30sf is about the same. And of course the 36 is much thinner.

Since I don't have any problems wearing my 23 IWB, I concluded that the 30sf would ride/hide identically.

I have carried mine everyday for the last 3 years (1911 before it) all year round. It's not too difficult to cover during the summer. Just pick the right holster and shirt.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

VIP Member
    carried my 30 for 4 years as chl, now carry it as my off-duty weapon just fine with untucked shirt, IWB kydex Predator SO-2, I also have the option of tucking it in

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...23-post89.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-g30-so2.jpg
    Attached Images
    bigpapa likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I currently carry an XD 45 Compact IWB while I'm waiting for my holster for my G30SF. It's the same width at the base of the slide as the Glock. I use an AKJ Concealco (AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather. and AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.) holster for the XD and have one on order for the G30. It really pulls the pistol into you.

That holster combined with a good belt and you should have no problems. The difference in width between the different model of Glocks is not much.

The G30 and G30 SF will take the regular G21 mags since they both have the regular mag release. They will also use the 21SF mags.

I conceal my G30 everyday under a t shirt though I prefer my Para LTC due to the thickness difference. I find with a holster that sits low to the belt and wearing it between 4:00 to 4:30 it is easily done and comfortable.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Originally posted by Timberline: Just from eyeballing it and gripping them, the 30 is a little fatter than my 23. The 30sf is about the same. And of course the 36 is much thinner.
    That's not exactly true. The grip on the 30SF is just as wide as that on the thirty; the difference is that the 30SF has is shorter front/back to bring your trigger finger up closer to the trigger.

I have a G30 and a G36....once you carry the 36 you won't want to carry the 30 or 30 SF because they are quite wide. If you study the picture, you can see the diff. It may not seem significant, but it makes a difference under your shirt.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    That's not exactly true. The grip on the 30SF is just as wide as that on the thirty; the difference is that the 30SF has is shorter front/back to bring your trigger finger up closer to the trigger.

I have a G30 and a G36....once you carry the 36 you won't want to carry the 30 or 30 SF because they are quite wide. If you study the picture, you can see the diff. It may not seem significant, but it makes a difference under your shirt.

true on the G23 comparison,
    I wouldn't trade my 30 for a 36....36 just doesn't compare IMO...capacity, use of 21 mags, light rail, I conceal 30 just fine, just don't think 36 is more concealable than 30, I can conceal full size HK 45 with same type of holster I carry the 30 in with no problems
    marcclarke likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

That's not exactly true. The grip on the 30SF is just as wide as that on the thirty;
    Right, the only difference between those two is the radius of the backstrap. The comparisons I was making were to my G23 w/ the grip adapter, not to one another of the .45's, and entirely subjective.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Originally posted by:64Zebra: I wouldn't trade my 30 for a 36....36 just doesn't compare IMO...capacity, use of 21 mags, light rail, I conceal 30 just fine, just don't think 36 is more concealable than 30, I can conceal full size HK 45 with same type of holster I carry the 30 in with no problems

I fully understand that, and you are certainly not alone. The 30 is a fantastic gun and many carry it with no problem at all. For me, it's too bulky.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Do you guys feel that a Glock 30 would be to thick to carry IWB comfortably and still conceal it well?
    For you - maybe. For me - absolutely. I don't know about the 30SF, but the 30 is a brick - a sweet shooting brick. The only thing I seem to be able to handle IWB is a single stack 9mm. I also refuse to wear pants two sizes too big either.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

VIP Member
    I fully understand that, and you are certainly not alone. The 30 is a fantastic gun and many carry it with no problem at all. For me, it's too bulky.
    I'll gladly take your 30 off your hands then.....
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

I carry my G30 in a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage IWB. I carry it everday and year round without a problem. Matter of fact, I was carrying with only tshirt covering this past weekend and my brother, who knows I carry, didn't even realize. Works great for me.
    marcclarke likes this.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links