The same old guns but why not the walthers

This is a discussion on The same old guns but why not the walthers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I notice it is all about the same old guns but no one ever gives credit to or considers to carry a Walther PPS. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The same old guns but why not the walthers

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

The same old guns but why not the walthers

So I notice it is all about the same old guns but no one ever gives credit to or considers to carry a Walther PPS.

I have one in 40 cal and it is typically my main carry.

I practice a massive amount so I dont care about ultra high capacity spray and pray handguns (speaking for my self). Some people do for other reasons Im sure and I totally respect that.

Given that there is this awesome little gun in a high power package with a 7+1 configuration option why does no one consider it?

I love mine and it shoots very tight at 15 yards and tight at 20. Past that you are on your own but what gun other than a 4"+ gun has that kind of accuracy.

No I do not work for Walther but the little gun is very nice and very concealable due to being so thin.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

There are several people who carry and talk about the pps on a regular basis on here...siafu comes to mind. I like the feeling of this little gun. Is it small enough for pocket carry?...with the smallest mag baseplate?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

It all boils down to individual taste...
    If it works for you, who cares about what others think?
    I HAD a new PPK and ended up sending it back to the factory for a 'melt down' and a new gun with the same serial number...then sold it as a new gun...no more Walther for me.

Now, I also have a Beretta 9000S that others dislike...I don't care, it's always been a great gun for me...not my EDC, but a great little gun.

We all live and learn, if it's mechanical, it can have problems. When we have problems, we tend to stay away from that line, make, or model...that's life!

Stay armed...with your preference...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    The PPS failed to impress me much, especially at the price point they are offered at.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ditto on the price. But when you can't get .380 ammo, the little walther PPS gives me good performance, fits nicely and I can get ammo for it.

Mine died before I had 200 rounds thru it so I sent it back to Walther had it repaired and got rid of it.

I really liked the little gun and if it wouldn't have broken I would still have it. Instead I have an XD9sc

Lead Moderator
    I like mine as well. It is accurate and reliable. The 9mm caliber is more substantial than a .380, yet is still a fairly small package.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The mag release put me off. It's a shame because the ergo is nice, it shoots well and It's THIN. Make it a standard American style Mag release and I'd be VERY interested.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

VIP Member
    Not a bad design.....slimness is great..........Price is about $150 to HIGH! Most I've seen run from $609 up to $680....THAT'S TO MUCH!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I have a 9mm PPS and it is light, concealable, accurate and has a surprising low amount of recoil. I have had a few dependability issues and if I had to do it over again, I would have gone with a Glock 26.

VIP Member
    I played with a PPS just this week and I have to say, it was pretty slick in terms of size. Now, I’ve owned a Walther before and currently I have an H&K so the German style doesn’t bother me. In fact, I like them! However, it is rather pricy in comparison to other 9’s in the showcase. It also kept biting me each time I reloaded the magazine. Likewise, the mag doesn’t slide out that easy, which is fairly common with some vinyl frames.

As much as I liked the size, balance and weight, I’d prefer a full metal alternative.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Saber; April 2nd, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I liked my first 9mm PPS so much that I went out and bought the .40 just to have a matched set.

The price point doesn't bother me too much because once you realize how concealable and easy to carry it is you will have no problem justifying the $100. After all, what's all day carry comfort worth? I certainly think the $100 difference between the PPS and others in its class is a small price to pay.

The S&W M&P 9c and the XDSC 9mm and the Glock G26 aren't even in the same class as the PPS. They are all chunky, heavy and uncomfortable in the hand, the Glock being the worst as far as hand fit is concerned. The XD and the M&P feel ok but the PPS is in a league of its own.

I have owned many pistols in the last decade and the one that fits my lifestyle the best has been the PPS. It conceals well, doesn't make your pants fit funny, hides equally well under suits or beach shorts and shoots like a dream with every type of ammo I have used in it. Even the Blazer aluminum cased stuff works great. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an ultra high quality German manufactured defensive pistol. They are truly a gem of the handgun world. You won't be disappointed.

Thumbs up

Another satisfied PPS supporter chiming in!
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

VIP Member
    Hmm, based on the latest responses, I guess I should have pointed out that I have one on lay-away. Didn’t say, I didn’t like it; just that “I’d prefer a full metal alternative”.
    Regards,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links