Got my XD back from SpringerPrecision Today.

This is a discussion on Got my XD back from SpringerPrecision Today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here she is, finally. I really like the looks, and the trigger job absolutely rocks. The first time I shot my XD I came home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my XD back from SpringerPrecision Today.

Got my XD back from SpringerPrecision Today.

Here she is, finally. I really like the looks, and the trigger job absolutely rocks. The first time I shot my XD I came home with the biggest blood blister on my trigger finger i've ever seen. Today, no problems whatsoever with the trigger, very nice.

However.......It seems the coating on the barrel is a bit rough, and I was having serious failure to feed issues. Feels like the bottom of the barrel is rubbing on the slide, and it wouldn't feed hollowpoints very well at all, would all jam. I took out the trusty dremel and polished the feed ramp and bottom of the barrel and things seem to be improving. I only fed it 50 rounds today. Will be firing another 300 through it this weekend. Hopefully that will loosen things up. Wondering if I should be using a different lube than CLP to really grease things up a bit with the action...What do yall think....

Have some time to get the kinks worked out I suppose, still waiting on my plastic.....next week is 60 days....we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by MaleNursePX4; April 3rd, 2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

2. Remove Ads

So you sent it out to have some work done on it and now it comes back has a great trigger but doesnt feed right?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Looks great. I just had the carry trigger job, and it is awesome.

Keep us updated on the barrel...

What did you have done, refinishing?

And... is that a laser switch on the take down lever?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Did they replace the recoil spring? If so it may be a little tight but should loosed up after a few hundred rounds.

If they resurfaced the barrel or slide they may be a little rougher and dragging on each other. Try using a different lube on the barrel, maybe something with Teflon in it until it wears itself back in.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    So you sent it out to have some work done on it and now it comes back has a great trigger but doesnt feed right?
    Huh. Who woulda thunk it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah, I'm thinking its the new finish. I had all the parts coated with "IonBond Silver" whatever that is..... It was my understanding that they would match the slide, they are a bit duller than I expected. But what happened is, the parts were first coated with DiamondBlack on accident, so they had to send them back to IonBond to be recoated, I'm wondering if they just coated the silver over the black.....I don't know. But I'm almost positive the barrel and slide are rubbing, as if I slowly rack the slide back and forth I can feel the vibrations from the slide/barrel rubbing. Mix that with a Corbon round trying to feed against the same finish and I think there lies the problem. Will try a different "teflon" type lube and see what happens.

I'll be putting a few hundred rounds through it this weekend so we'll see if that loosens things up a bit. As of now I don't feel comfortable carrying it (when I finally get my plastic). But I'm guessing the combo of new grease and more rounds will solve the issue.

Yes, that is a laser switch you see. I have the lasermax guiderod installed at the moment.....not sure what I think of it as of yet. Very flimsy when you install it, but I didn't have any malfunctions related to it today on the range (only shot maybe 10 rounds through it with the laser installed).

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Is that common?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Wow. Thats purdy.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Looks nice-hopefully you get her running good!
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

Mine worked great out the box. I have never had any problems with the trigger, or anything else for that matter. The pistol was tight for the first few magazines, but I never considered that a problem. Your gat looks really nice.

It looks really nice!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Hopefully you soon have it running as nicely as it looks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've had the same feed problem with one mag. It was a cheap clone, and after comparing the springs with a Springfield mag, it was about 1 inch shorter. It's now my 'random' failure mag and used for the range ONLY.
    Mykel

more later...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

.....here we go.....
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Not too sure I follow, has this issue come up before and I'm missing something?

Its definitely not a mag problem, I only have SA mags and they are working just fine, slide/barrel just catching as well as the round on the feed ramp.

Got out some of my bike lube with teflon and put a little on the barrel with my finger, seems to have slicked it up quite a bit. We'll see how she shoots saturday.

Also went ahead and threw some epoxy on the sights just for good measure, I don't want to lose a fiber as some have had to deal with. Just put a little dot at the front of each tube, shouldn't mess with the light gathering aspect of the sights as it is very clear....we'll see what happens. The front sight is also off center just a tad....seems to be bent...is this common to do when sighting in new sights. I know Springer test fired it yesterday before they shipped it....Either that or my eyes are lopsided. Wasn't able to really shoot for accuracy today as the winds were approaching 40mph in San Antonio and my target was flapping all over the place until it finally blew away like a kite....haha. Almost makes me want to go to bass pro shop for the indoor range......almost......

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links