Beretta Neos Impressions...

This is a discussion on Beretta Neos Impressions... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to pick up a Beretta Neos .22LR (6 inch barrel) for use at my IPA league. Do any forum members have one? ...

Thread: Beretta Neos Impressions...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Beretta Neos Impressions...

I am looking to pick up a Beretta Neos .22LR (6 inch barrel) for use at my IPA league. Do any forum members have one? What are your impressions? They are very affordable but look a little odd. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    They seem a little over complicated for what they are. I'd rather have a Ruger or BuckMark.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    They seem a little over complicated for what they are. I'd rather have a Ruger or BuckMark.
    I watched a YouTube video of a field strip and they look pretty simple to take down. I can get a NIB one with the black grip for $220. I just want to hear of some real-world use and praise or complaints.

My wife got one for practice and she likes it a lot. The main thing for her was the feel of the gun in her hand- it was more comfortable to her than a Ruger or others. Functionally it is OK but more of a pain than most to break down for cleaning. Very accurate as you would expect, fun to shoot.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    It is at least as accurate, or more so, than any pistol I've owned in the price range.

Take down is simple and easy, not complicated. My only gripe is the sharp point you're left with on the rear. I've stabbed myself a few times running a cleaning rod down the barrel.

It has a pretty good trigger.

I admit I don't care for the grip, but that's subjective.

It is very reliable, much more so than say a P22 or Mosquito.

It is ready for some neat accessories...go ahead, have some fun, put a red dot sight on it.

I think it is well worth the money. I paid a little over $200 for a 6", more than fair IMO. This is an excellent "teaching" pistol, made for little or young hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    It is at least as accurate, or more so, than any pistol I've owned in the price range.

Take down is simple and easy, not complicated. My only gripe is the sharp point you're left with on the rear. I've stabbed myself a few times running a cleaning rod down the barrel.

It has a pretty good trigger.

I admit I don't care for the grip, but that's subjective.

It is very reliable, much more so than say a P22 or Mosquito.

It is ready for some neat accessories...go ahead, have some fun, put a red dot sight on it.

I think it is well worth the money. I paid a little over $200 for a 6", more than fair IMO. This is an excellent "teaching" pistol, made for little or young hands.
    Thanks for the input. I appreciate your comments. I think I will try to work him down to $200 even and see if he bites.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Thanks for the input. I appreciate your comments. I think I will try to work him down to $200 even and see if he bites.
    I bought that Neos about two years ago, but I think the price has only risen modestly. Good luck.

Yes, put a red dot on it and you have what I call a "Buck Rogers" gun.
    Space gun.
    Ahead of it's time.
    The trigger is so-so and does not compare to the Ruger MKII by any means.
    But still, a fun pistol to pull out and shoot. Your friends at the range will wonder why they have done without one for so long.

Not my favorite but still, very good for plinking.

my friend has one and i used to shoot it alot when we went out to the range till i got my own .22, but its a great inexpensive gun to shoot, his was a bit picky with certain ammo but other than that, very reliable and accurate

Lead Moderator
    I have one with the 4" barrel (long Maryland story), and it's a great plinker. I even got a cheap red dot for it as an extra way to play.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I had one a few years back (6" Inox) and liked it a lot. I wish I still had it.
    The trigger is easy to improve by stoning the striker but you'll need a modified or special screwdriver if you want to work on the sear too. Don't mess with the spring though except to polish the plunger because if you swap it out it might string fire on you. I glued a rubber pad (black pencil eraser) to the frame behind the trigger as a stop and that helped quite a bit by itself.

With the trigger, it's never going to bullseye gun for competition, but a nice plinker. I had a barrel failure, though (chunk missing when you look down the bore - was sending bullets keyholing through the target).

SOOOO, if there's anyone out there with an extra INOX barrell they're looking to part with, please let me know - I'd be interested in making you an offer.

Here is a range report I did on the Neos a little while ago.. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ally-ugly.html

I love mine, and its great for target practice, especially since ammo is getting so hard to find.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Links