Anyone here carry a Seecamp .380

This is a discussion on Anyone here carry a Seecamp .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I been wantin one for these little buggers for some time, so I think I shall pull the trigger and plop down the shekels for ...

Thread: Anyone here carry a Seecamp .380

I been wantin one for these little buggers for some time, so I think I shall pull the trigger and plop down the shekels for this mouse.

I have a Rohrbaugh R9 that I pocket carry...but I wanna get this well made little jewel to have the smallest 9 and smallest 380.

What is your personal experience, having owned or have now a Seecamp.

I know all the info on small cal. for a ccw etc....I just wanna know how the rascal performs.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

The wife has a Seecamp .32, it is small and underpowered. The .380 will be a little less small and a little less underpowered, but still there.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

According to Seecamp website, the 32 and 380 are the same size.
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I've had a Seecamp .32 since before the .380 was offered (or I would've bought a .380). I've carried it occasionally as my secondary BUG.

I have not shot any other small .32s or .380s (larger .380s, yes, but not small like this); so, I cannot compare the Seecamp to any of its contemporaries. I CAN say that it is a good, reliable shooter. I can keep all shots in the black at 15 yards. I've never been a fan of Winchester Silvertip hollowpoints (the manufacturer's required round for this model), but the round is good for what it is, as is the Seecamp.

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; April 5th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

los
    My personal observation...

My LWS380 has a much louder muzzle blast than my G26 and it kicks like a baby mule on steroids. Point shooting (practice, practice,..practice) is dead-on at CQB distances, as is with my LWS32.

And yes, They're (LWS380/LWS32) the same size.

-Jimmy
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    My LWS32 has served well for over twenty years. Mine is an earlier non CNC made pistol. If my old gun is this good, I'm sure the new guns are better, as they are made on high tech machines and made of even tougher steel.

The Seecamp pistols will operate just fine with a variety of ammo, not just Winchester Silver Tips.
    L.W. Seecamp Co. - Home of the Seecamp 32 and Seecamp 380 Pistols

If you want the smallest .380, the Seecamp is it. Not made for ooddles of range shooting, but made to conceal. I shoot on average about 100 a year to keep muscle memory and rotate ammo...and for fun of course. The Seecamp is a great gun in either .380 or .32. Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    I've had a Seecamp .32 since before the .380 was offered (or I would've bought a .380). I've carried it occasionally as my secondary BUG.

I have not shot any other small .32s or .380s (larger .380s, yes, but not small like this); so, I cannot compare the Seecamp to any of its contemporaries. I CAN say that it is a good, reliable shooter. I can keep all shots in the black at 15 yards. I've never been a fan of Winchester Silvertip hollowpoints (the manufacturer's required round for this model), but the round is good for what it is, as is the Seecamp.

Rob
    If you are not a STHP fan, then by all means, switch to what is now recommended for the Seecamp pistols. Winchester changed the .32 ACP STHP while back, and it was no longer one of the recommended loads when I last looked. Gold Dots are now on the recommended list in .32; there may be others by now.

As for performance, well, a Seecamp is what it is, a close-range pocket pistol, very well-made, and well-backed by personalized customer service. I have no complaints about my LWS-32. I have no desire to buy a .380 version.

Unlike a Kel-tec, which squirms in my hand during the trigger pull, a Seecamp stays steady.

I have 2 seecamp .380s on order. its been 14 months just waiting on the 30 days out email . cant wait.

I would love to have a .380.

Certainly am fond of my .32 version. Its a great little gun for its purpose.

Thanks for updating this old dinosaur on the currently approved ammo for my LWS32. I hadn't bothered checking with Seecamp since I bought mine in the mid-'90s. I've still got a few boxes of 10-year-old STHPs to shoot up and then I'll give the Gold Dots a run.

Thanks again!
    Rob

Thanks for that input...or maybe not....that cements my desire to get one

Please don't tell the wife. I tell her it's our state law that we must buy as many guns as possible.

The Seecamp is a great little weapon, and far more accurate than it has any right to be.

I had the NAA Guardian which is very similar to me anyways, and probably a little cheaper and more available. Plus it doesnt have that Euro mag release on the heel. All of the major components are built by Kahr arms.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love my Seecamp .32.

.380 has been on order for about 14 months now and we should be getting close. I can't wait!

Seecamps are a little spendy, and sometimes a bit tough to find, but personally, I find that I'm seldom disappointed when I buy the best of anything.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links