CZ 75 P-07 Duty (Merged)

CZ 75 P-07 Duty (Merged)

This is a discussion on CZ 75 P-07 Duty (Merged) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am unfamiliar with the CZ brand of firearms. I have seen posts about the CZ 75. Today, I saw the new CZ 75 P-07 ...

Thread: CZ 75 P-07 Duty (Merged)

CZ 75 P-07 Duty (Merged)

I am unfamiliar with the CZ brand of firearms. I have seen posts about the CZ 75. Today, I saw the new CZ 75 P-07 Duty on the cover of Guns and Ammo. Looks very interesting. The website states that the P-07 Duty is an upgrade of the CZ 75.

What are your opinions of the CZ brand and the P-07 if anyone has it yet?

Thanks,

NavDoc

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=104
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Distinguished Member
    I like CZ alot, it will probably be my next pistol. I shoot a bunch of 9's and I was the most accurate with the P-01, the rest of the 9's were full size, but I did best with it. The P-07 is it's big brother and if it is as good as the little brother you will be very pleased. Archer has both so pay attention to his post, you will get a good first hand review.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Early reports are very positive.

[IMG][/IMG]

Look here:P07 Duty Club
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a CZ fan and have been for a few years.

CZ is not new - they have been around for decades. In fact, I have three CZ rifles made prior to the factory's seizure by Nazi forces in WWII - all 1922 98 style 8mm mausers. I have re-barreled one in 308 to build a custom target rifle. I have four CZ handguns and have three more on my wish list.

CZ makes a wide range of firearms; rifles, shotguns, handguns, etc. It's a quality brand. In the years past, the strong dollar made them a tremendous value. Prices, however have risen sharply in the last 18 months or so - not to Sig / H&K levels, but significantly.

This was a good CZ week for me; I was finally able to add a CZ 75c Satin Nickle that have had my eye on for years and also got one of the new P-07's. Between the two and some ammo, I've pretty much blown through my entire tax return. I spent a good part of today playing with, cleaning and getting them ready for the range.

The P-07 is very different in some aspects than the other CZ's I have. First off it's blocky looking, but looks better in person than any of the pics you've seen. It certainly doesn't feel blocky - it actually feels great in the hand. The slide is wide - the controls are slim, but not puny an easy to operate. I luv the controls! Mag capacity is 16 rounds! These have the new Omega trigger. SA pull somewhere around 4 lbs. DA pull is also pretty good. Field strip is easy and fast. Barrel lockup is Sig like - CZ usually uses double lugs on the upper barrel to lock into the slide. One thing on CZ's that is typical and not like other guns is in how the slide fits to the frame. The P-07 is the same typical full length reverse tounge & groove, but is steel on polymer. As near as I can tell, there is no steel on steel, but may be supported by embedded steel in the frame. Other than that, the trigger guard is fugly and ain't no getting around that. I also feel they cheaped out on the sights and could have done better there. I was a little apprehensive, but I actually like the P-07 better than I thought I would.

Price on them is very good and you should have no trouble finding them for 475 or less. Upgrade to the vulnerable CZ 75? No, I don't think so. You can't replace a classic and this is a new breed.

Here are some pics of the new family members - new breed vs old school.
    Attached Images
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Nice pics of the Duty and Compact as well.

Mind if I use them on my Blog and here??

NEW For 2009! Polymer Framed Compact!

Thanks.

KEV

VIP Member
    Not much I can add to what Warmon said about CZ's. While I have the P-01, P-06 a 75 Compact and 2 RAMI's I haven't laid my hands on a P-07 yet.
    CZ is slowly expanding into the polymer field of guns. Their first attempt was with the CZ 100 in the mid 90's. It wasn't extremely popular, but no major problems I'm aware of. In the last couple of years they introduced a poly version of the RAMI and the SP-01. To the best of my knowledge bout of these guns not had any problems, but they are both based on a proven design.

I love my P-01 and will buy no other handgun except CZ's. I can't help you with the P-07 though as I have never shot one.

P-07 DUTY hits the Cover! May Issue of Guns & Ammo!

A superb article by Patrick Sweeney. A gunsmith/writer that actually has some knowledge
    of CZs, past and present!

I wish that he would write a book on CZs like he has for the Glock..AR, SKS/AK, and 1911.

Pick up your copy today!

KEV

Distinguished Member
    Am sorry Archer, I thought you had the P-07. I got it mixed up with your P-06.

nice looking cz
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

clarkston_cz, feel free to use whatever pics you want. The G&A pic is the first one I've seen that actually captures what the P-07 looks like in person. If one likes the overall feel of the HK USP Compacts, I think they will like the overall feel of these as well.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Thanks a bunch!

They look good. Same for my new Blog post.

NEW For 2009! Polymer Framed Compact!

Thanks all for your replies. I had a P-07 in my hands today at Academy Sports. It seemed to have good weight and balance. I compared it in size to the Glock 23/G19 frame. The two pistols are the same size except for the "rooster tail" thingy, for the lack of better description, that is under the trigger that protects your hand. It had a price of $449

Long story short. If I bought it, my wife would have killed me with it. She is still unaware that I bought a Bersa 9mm as a Christmas present for myself. Perhaps next Christmas.

I meant the thingy under the hammer, not trigger.

Sponsored Links