P250 vs M&P

This is a discussion on P250 vs M&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a HUGE Sig fan. I own a total of 5 Sigs, and 4 of them work perfectly. The only one I have any ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P250 vs M&P

P250 vs M&P

I am a HUGE Sig fan. I own a total of 5 Sigs, and 4 of them work perfectly. The only one I have any issues with is the Sig Revolution - Carry (1911 model).

I am in the market for a new handgun, and I am torn between 2 different pistols. The price difference between the two is not an issue.

I am trying to decide between the Sig P250 and the Smith & Wesson M&P. Both would be in 9mm.

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with either handgun?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I have shot the p250...great accuracy, LOOOONNNNGGG trigger. Just dont like it. I would much rather have any other Sig. The M&P is a nice gun...not really my cup o tea. If I buy polymer in a fighting handgun...it will be Glock simply because it is what I know.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The Sig has a horrendous trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Angio333 View Post
    I am a HUGE Sig fan...
    Ditto here... However, that being said - I did NOT like the P250 that I tried out... It simply was not a "true" Sig, in my mind... I'll take the older W. German P226, or a new production 226, 228, 239, etc etc, over any variant of the P250... And the P250's DAO trigger was not just long, it's mushy and inconsistent, not only on the break, but on the reset too - I can only hope that this particular one was a "lemon"... I was very disappointed in the one I handled... In any event, it's not a Sig like I think of when I hear the name...

As much as I love Sig's - Between those two options that you mention, I would take the M&P... Better bang for the buck, even though I'm not exactly crazy about the M&P either...

OMO...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

I love my M&P's, but usually I'd recommend a Sig over an M&P any day. I honestly can't recommend the P250. The one I shot did not live up to the sig quality. If its between these two, I'd go M&P all the way.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

With the Sig P250 I like that you can do double-strikes, and that it's easy to clean all the moving parts.

With the M&P I dislike the magazine safety.

On both I dislike that there's no good cartridge-chambered indicator.

FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    With the Sig P250 I like that you can do double-strikes, and that it's easy to clean all the moving parts.

With the M&P I dislike the magazine safety.

On both I dislike that there's no good cartridge-chambered indicator.

FWIW
    You can get the M&P without the mag safety.

For me, M&P all the way.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The p250 was very accurate...I shot strings with it and took out bottles to show that the sights werent off to the owner. The trigger is very bad...very unlike my p228. I really think Sig missed the mark on this one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well, I own the P250 (40 cal). I bought it over the M&P and I think it was a mistake.

The P250 is pretty accurate and feels good in my hands, but had a problem with the trigger reset and also failed to feed a few times. I sent it back to Sig, they repaired it, and so far no more trigger problems. I still don't trust it...

If I had to do all over, I would pick the M&P. I don't think this Sig is worth the money. Yes, I have a little "buyer's remorse" and might be psychological, since it's the first gun that has given me any problems.

My 2 pennies.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Administrator
    I'd buy the M&P over the 250, and I'm a Sig guy through and through. The 250 is not what I've come to expect from Sig.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd buy the M&P over the 250, and I'm a Sig guy through and through. The 250 is not what I've come to expect from Sig.
    Would you buy an XD over the 250? LOL!!!
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

I'll just say that I love my M&P and have had 0 issues with it. I don't know any other gun though really.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I have an M&P 9C, and I really like it, it fits me ridiculously well, However, I would have loved to have the desert camo P250 in the case that was at the shop when I bought my M&P. In fact, I will have one eventually, I just love how it feels in my hand, and when I rented one, I didnt have any problem with the trigger.

The reason I got the 9C was because I was after a carry gun, its got a smaller profile, came with two mags, night sights, and was cheaper, the Sig came with one mag and was 100 more

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Would you buy an XD over the 250? LOL!!!
    I never said the 250 a poorly designed, its just not what I've come to expect from Sig. IMO, the classic pistols are much better.
    "Just blame Sixto"

M&P and twice on Sundays.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links