Taurus 24/Series Pro Longevity?

This is a discussion on Taurus 24/Series Pro Longevity? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever shot one of these a lot and had it hold up? I almost hate to say that it is the best feeling ...

Has anyone ever shot one of these a lot and had it hold up? I almost hate to say that it is the best feeling plastic gun that I have ever held. And, the triggers are good right out of the box. The problem is, I have never seen one that someone had put at least 10K rounds through. I question whether or not they really hold up for any lenght of time and just how reliable they are when they get a litlle dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Has anyone ever shot one of these a lot and had it hold up? I almost hate to say that it is the best feeling plastic gun that I have ever held. And, the triggers are good right out of the box. The problem is, I have never seen one that someone had put at least 10K rounds through. I question whether or not they really hold up for any lenght of time and just how reliable they are when they get a litlle dirty.
    I don't have 10K through mine yet but I have fired it enough to trust it for carry. The gun really does feel good and points well. No problems with mine so far. I don't care for the Heine sights but it's probably just my lack of practice with them.

I have had no problems out of mine. The only thing that I have found you need to worrry about being dirty is the trigger mechanism. I had the trigger stick on mine once. When I pulled the slide off, I realized that I should take it down a little more often and clean the lint out of the trigger.

This was my bad, not the gun. Once I blew the lint out, I put it right back together and kept on shooting.

Mine is the 24/7 Pro DS (9mm), it has Novack sights on it, not the Heine. I have Heine on my PT111, they didn't take long to get used to. I will agree that it is a very good feeling gun, and they do shoot good right out of the box. Mine is not a picky eater, as I haven't found anything yet it won't digest.

If I had to guess I have between 1000, and 1500 rds through it as of now. I figure on the first weekend in May (after tax season is over) I will put another 500 or so through it. Maybe there are some others around here that have a higher round count, but I personally don't see where even 10-20,000 would be an issue.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links