So Tangle, you carry a G21SF, are there any problems with it? Yes there are!

This is a discussion on So Tangle, you carry a G21SF, are there any problems with it? Yes there are! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's let size be a known and look at some unknowns. 1- The ambidextrious mag release - it sucks. It sucks whether pressed from the ...

Thread: So Tangle, you carry a G21SF, are there any problems with it? Yes there are!

Senior Moderator

So Tangle, you carry a G21SF, are there any problems with it? Yes there are!

Let's let size be a known and look at some unknowns.

1- The ambidextrious mag release - it sucks. It sucks whether pressed from the right or left. With a fully loaded mag, you can forget releasing the mag from the right side, and it isn't easy from the left.

When the mag has less rounds in it, hence less pressure on the mag catch, it's a little easier to operate. The stock, original mag release is much better.

Some times the mag release button doesn't 'return'. I.e. if you release the mag from the right side, the button can stick in the in position and when you insert a mag, the catch doesn't engage it.

2- The trigger - the stock trigger in my G21SF was the worst I've ever seen in a Glock gun. A Ghost Tactical connector made it a great trigger.

I seem to have a unique problem with Glock triggers. While I love Glock triggers, occassionally, I get a trigger block from the trigger lever. Apparently, I put some side pressure on the trigger as I place my finger initially, and press the lever far enough to one side to keep it from releasing - very annoying. After the first shot, though, no more problem.

3- The mags are a handful. Of course it takes a good sized mag to hold 13 rounds of .45 ACP. Still mag manipulation can be a problem until you acclimate to the larger mags.

Still, the G21SF is my favorite carry gun right now.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

whw
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I seem to have a unique problem with Glock triggers. While I love Glock triggers, occassionally, I get a trigger block from the trigger lever. Apparently, I put some side pressure on the trigger as I place my finger initially, and press the lever far enough to one side to keep it from releasing - very annoying. After the first shot, though, no more problem.
    Hello Tangle,

I have exactly the same problem, but only on the G21 and G30. I finally came to the conclusion that my forefinger just wasn't long enough to engage the trigger safety effectively.

whw

Senior Moderator
    Thanks - you're the first I've heard say anything about this - I'm glad it's not just me.

However, I have the same problem with a G17 - the trigger block that is.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I have pu thousands of round thru my 23 and shot the 30 and 21 a lot and thoroughly enjoy them a lot...But I dont own the 45s so I guess it is something that I may experience if I was shooting/carrying it everyday. Sorry to hear your having these little glitches. Have you tried contacting Glock to see if they could help correct the issue?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links