Sig P239SAS questions

Sig P239SAS questions

This is a discussion on Sig P239SAS questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does this pistol have an external safety or is it the same as my Kel Tec P-11, keep your finger off the trigger unless you ...

Thread: Sig P239SAS questions

Sig P239SAS questions

Does this pistol have an external safety or is it the same as my Kel Tec P-11, keep your finger off the trigger unless you are ready to shoot it type of safety? Can you tell me or point me to a site that shows what the switches/controls are for under the slide? Thank you.

SRT DA/SA with Decocker

Hello,
    I just bought a Sig P239 Tactical and it shares the trigger system with the SAS Generation 2. It is a DA/SA trigger with a Short Reset Trigger option (SRT) that shortens the reset by 60%. The pistol has a decocker, but NO manual external safety. The first pull (DA) is 10 pounds and the subsequent SA pulls are around 4.4 pounds.

The control to the far left is the take down lever. The vertically sliding control is the decocker and the other lever is the slide release.
    Hope this helps.
    Glock 26 9mm CCW - - S&W 642 Super Tuned - - Remington 870 18.5" 12GA 6+1

VIP Member
    Actually, the original P239 SAS is not DA/SA, it is DAK (for Double Action Kellerman). This is a relatively light, constant, double action only trigger system, and is also NOT the Short Reset Trigger. It also has no decocker, as it is a DAO system. It is the new "Gen 2" SAS that Saddle SC is describing, so make sure you know what version you are getting. Here is a link to the original model: Products & Services Also note that the original comes (came?) in 9mm as well as .40S&W.

In any case, neither has a manual safety (and, as a side note, ALL guns are ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire).
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thanks for the information. So after the pistol has been fired you can press the decocker and it will return it to DA at about 10 pounds? This sure looks like the pistol I have been searching for. Just need to geet my hands on one to see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Actually, the original P239 SAS is not DA/SA, it is DAK (for Double Action Kellerman). This is a relatively light, constant, double action only trigger system, and is also NOT the Short Reset Trigger. It also has no decocker, as it is a DAO system. It is the new "Gen 2" SAS that Saddle SC is describing, so make sure you know what version you are getting. Here is a link to the original model: Products & Services Also note that the original comes (came?) in 9mm as well as .40S&W.

In any case, neither has a manual safety (and, as a side note, ALL guns are ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire).
    Thanks for the link. Certainly agree with you that "ALL guns are ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire" didn't mean to imply otherwise.

VIP Member
    On the Gen 2 version, that would be correct. Sigs DA (and SA, for that matter) pull is very smooth and clean, with a crisp break - it is the best DA trigger on an auto loader that I've used. The DAK pull, IIRC, is around 8 lbs, and is also very smooth. It has a "middle" reset point that will allow you a sort of short reset trigger, but this causes the pull weight to increase. It's an odd system, but if you just use it as a plain DAO, it is one of the best.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I believe I would prefer the first generation without a decocker. It would be more similar in function to my current handgun. Website says it has been discontinued but limited quantities are still available.

Sponsored Links