Considering a Glock 33

Considering a Glock 33

This is a discussion on Considering a Glock 33 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My current CCW gun is a Glock 29. I have some extra cash that's burning a hole in my pocket, and a Gun Show coming ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Glock 33

Considering a Glock 33

My current CCW gun is a Glock 29. I have some extra cash that's burning a hole in my pocket, and a Gun Show coming to Tampa on April 18 & 19. I've considered a G33 as another CCW gun.

Anyone here CCW a G33? Just wondering what others experience has been with this weapon. Ultimately, I'll make my own decison on whether I buy a G33 (also considering a J-Frame S&W .38+P), or not - but I appreciate hearing what others have to say.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

My favorite Glock is the G32. I love that .357 Sig! I also have a G33, but it just doesn't fit my hand as well. I have no problem concealing the 32, so the 33 will probably go on the market. It's a hot little gun!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Probably too hot a round for such a small gun

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Do yourself a favor and get a G23. The .357 ammo is scarce and twice as much as .40.

GKG
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a G23. The .357 ammo is scarce and twice as much as .40.
    +1000 and again, that G33 is a handful. If one were going to go for any of the 'Gucci*' caliber it would be .357sig in a Glock 32.

*The term Gucci is used to refer to ANY caliber other than standard NATO caliber
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

I just got one.

I have a G23 and have shot 357 sig with a barrel swap. Shoots great out of this size gun. The G33 I shot was hard to hold on to without a mags extention. Once you out an extention on it you're better off getting the G32.

Since you're going light a fast go all the way and get some Double Tap ammo.

osCommerce

It's not twice the price either.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Out of curiosity, when my current CC gun is a 10mm sub-compact Glock 29, why would I want to get a slightly larger .40 cal compact?

The price of ammo would not be a factor that dictates choice in caliber for me.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

ammo wll be the only problem at this time. but it don't mater what cal you get ammo is/will be hard to find at a good price/ or find any at all. have never seen it this way/bad before. got to be more to this than what we think.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Probably too hot a round for such a small gun
    I'd be surprised. I have the 32 and the 357 SIG has a very mild recoil in my experience, but I'd have to shoot the 33 to compare. I've seen a lot of videos of both the 32 and 33 being shot and having a lot of visible recoil. I just didn't get that experience from this gun and was amazed at how mellow it felt. I've never shot a 9mm, but I've shot the 357, 45(Para CCW), and a number of 22s and and long guns and I have never felt uncomfortable with the recoil of any guns I've shot, so I don't know if I'm fine with it and it might be an issue for another person.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I love my Glock 33
    Some chronographed velocities:
    FED 125 gr @ 1,272
    Gold Dot 125 gr. @ 1,315
    Cor-Bon 125 gr. @ 1,324

Less kick than model 27 (40), plenty of velocity for expansion.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!! lets back this train up here for a second. . .

where in tampa is this gun show?

I just got back from the range and this was my first outing with a G-33 period.

There is for sure a noticeable difference in the sound. Sounds a lot like a .357 mag. Not the blinding muzzle blast, nor the shockwave that comes out of the end of a regular .357 mag. But it for sure sounded pretty similar.

With the Pearce Grip Extension, I felt as though the recoil was pretty similar to a .40. Without it, I was wishing it was there. It was not unpleasant to shoot, it just rose up a bit more than without the grip extension.

I disagree with those that say to just get a 32 if you are going to put a grip extension on a 33. The 33 will easily slip into a pocket in a pinch if you need it to. The 32, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! lets back this train up here for a second. . .
    where in tampa is this gun show?
    Florida State Fairgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    I just got back from the range and this was my first outing with a G-33 period.

There is for sure a noticeable difference in the sound. Sounds a lot like a .357 mag. Not the blinding muzzle blast, nor the shockwave that comes out of the end of a regular .357 mag. But it for sure sounded pretty similar.

With the Pearce Grip Extension, I felt as though the recoil was pretty similar to a .40. Without it, I was wishing it was there. It was not unpleasant to shoot, it just rose up a bit more than without the grip extension.

I disagree with those that say to just get a 32 if you are going to put a grip extension on a 33. The 33 will easily slip into a pocket in a pinch if you need it to. The 32, not so much.
    Good feedback, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links