Make mine a CZ75B for now(long)

This is a discussion on Make mine a CZ75B for now(long) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a smallish collection of firearms. I have some really nice ones .I like to purchase or have made that way , what I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make mine a CZ75B for now(long)

Make mine a CZ75B for now(long)

I have a smallish collection of firearms. I have some really nice ones .I like to purchase or have made that way , what I think is some of the best representations of a platform . The Cz75B is the second least expensive handgun Ive ever purchased .It was also the one I knew the least about.

I had a friend who had a cz75 many years ago and it felt nice in the hand for sure and I kept a passing intrest in them..started to want a Browning Hi-Power this past year and and got one and sent it off to be tricked out. I wanted a 9 around to shoot in the hi-powers absence, and happend across this one and to be honest this gun purchase has taught me a few things.

you dont have to spend alot of money to be impressed is one .

this gun has functioned flawlessly with two different SD loads and a few hundred rounds of ball.

Its very accurate. I shoot this gun well. ( my standards)

I can take it down and put it back together in a matter of moments.

I can carry it cocked and locked, (prefered) or not

I got 16+1 and a backup mag of some of the best hollow points available

dependable, payload, accurate...confidence is high.

Im going to carry my CZ75B

2. Remove Ads

There is a wave of CZ people and newbies on this forum. I myself have been intrigued for sometime by them. I kind of like the PCR and the p-01. You have a fine firearm.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I just recently bought a 75B, but havent shot it yet. I will this weekend. Expect a write up Monday or Tuesday.

Its balance and natural point is amazing, I'm really excited to have rediscovered this classic design.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My last range session I took the Cz out along with my Springfield" Pro". The Pro was brand new ,first range session with it. It ran as it should. It is scary accurate. It is what I paid for .Time to clean it , right? I wrestled with that tight bastage...10-8 armorors tool and a bushing wrench ..... took a spring to my face... had to stop a go to you tube to see what the hell I was doing wrong...got it cleaned and put it all back together and ...did it all over again just to make sure I got it...it is a great weapon. Im gonna carry my CZ...and keep putting in range time on the Pro to loosen it up and become one with it . Ill still carry the CZ, I bet.

Which is thinner in frame and slide, the CZ or the BHP? For you who happens to own both.

To put it differently, with the absolute thinnest grip panels available on both, which one would end up being slimmest?

I bet it would be the hi power- I had the hipower for about 2 days before I sent it to Heirloom precision- it had the pachmeyer grips on it, I then went and purchased the cz ... so they havent met yet. CZ forum or Hipowersandhandguns would be where I would check next if somone doesnt chime in here

Yeah, I had a look at hipowersandhandguns, and they had a photo where the CZ looked thicker - but the really thick grip panels do muck up the comparison a bit.

The slide doesn't matter as much as the frame and the grip itself, that is obviously the hardest part to conceal. Endless pain in the behind to figure out. 'Thankfully' I have many years to do so before I can legally carry at all..

If you could do a quick comparison between them once your BHP gets back (from HP, man that's gonna be a nice gun..) I would be very, very grateful.

Congratulations on the CZ 75B.
    I carry that one for quite some time now and never get tired of it.
    One of the best handguns I've ever shot.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Glad to have you with us!If that 75B gets too heavy, the
    Compacts or RAMIs are great for carry.

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

My Hazel IWB holster should be here any day now see how it goes, to be honest I was kicking around the idea of haveing CZ custom put together a matt stainless 75B with the fiber optic and lo profile rear site and trigger work, and some coco bolo grips...I got a problem , I know

I have a number of CZs and they are great pistols. The only two issues is that I can't find a really good set of sights, and there isn't much slide to grab. I highly reccommend Jim Miossi to workover any CZ.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My CZ-USA custom stainless had a dreamy trigger pull.

The coco (not available back then) grips would have made even better.

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

I have a CZ clone, a TZ75, and have loved the gun for years. I played with CZ last Saturday at one of my favorite gun stores; I think it will have a new home this coming Saturday. Congrats on your new baby!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motorhed66 View Post
    My last range session I took the Cz out along with my Springfield" Pro". The Pro was brand new ,first range session with it. It ran as it should. It is scary accurate. It is what I paid for .Time to clean it , right? I wrestled with that tight bastage...10-8 armorors tool and a bushing wrench ..... took a spring to my face... had to stop a go to you tube to see what the hell I was doing wrong...got it cleaned and put it all back together and ...did it all over again just to make sure I got it...it is a great weapon. Im gonna carry my CZ...and keep putting in range time on the Pro to loosen it up and become one with it . Ill still carry the CZ, I bet.
    Simple solution. Dump the full length guide rod assembly. Gun was not originally designed for one. Had a Wilson on my 1911 for 1 range trip. Accuracy did not improve and was a major pain to tear down to clean. Was a waste of my hard earned money.

Congrats on the CZ-75!! Great pistol. Have it's father a BHP and they are IMO the most natural pointing semi's out there.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Hey sportster, The " pro " doesnt have a full length guide rod ,its got the spring a, very heavy spring, since im noob to takeing it down , and it being so tight.,pushing the spring back in with one hand then useing the bushing wrench to return it to true....I should have recorded it..much colorful language. The cz ? No hassels...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links