Who has a Kahr PM45???

This is a discussion on Who has a Kahr PM45??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who here has a Kahr PM45? Who likes it??? Is recoil heavy??? Can it be pocket carried? Wondering if this package this small with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a Kahr PM45???

Who has a Kahr PM45???

Who here has a Kahr PM45? Who likes it??? Is recoil heavy??? Can it be pocket carried? Wondering if this package this small with a good SD load is too much to handle well under fire.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

I dont have one, but Ive been kinda thinking about getting one lately. There is a review for one on gunblast.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i had the p 45 and it had a little recoil
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I got one and love it. Recoil is not that bad my P3at is worse. I carry in my front pocket. I have 700 rounds no failer of any kind. I have big hands grip is fine.

Have a PM40

I have a PM40, and find that the recoil is mild. Everybody said it would be brutal, but I can run 100 rounds in an afternoon without issue. I have always intended to buy a Pearce grip extension, as the grip is short -- otherwise a great gun that I can carry without detection. I carry either in a 511 holster T-shirt, or smartcarry.

I would expect the .45 recoil to be more of a push, and the .40 to be more "snappy" from my experience with both rounds.

Wishing the PM45 had been available when I bought my PM40.

CPL

I made the mistake of thinking the recoil factor would be too much when I was first shopping for a Kahr so I wimped out and bought the PM9. At the time I didn't have a chance to test fire any of the Kahr weapons but about a year ago I got to test fire both the PM40 and PM45 and now I hate myself for being such a wimp and not buying the bigger gun ....the recoil is about the same for all these models.

I've got one and I've been a little torn about it lately.

The good:

I have about 600 rounds of WWB practice ammo down the pipe with only a couple of FTE's. The recoil isn't bad at all, more drive into the hand than muzzle flip. No problem with quick follow up shots. Overall, I think I'm pretty accurate with it, mind you it's not a tack driver like a 5" barrel etc. The light weight is very nice and I normally carry IWB in a cheap Galco and it rides very well.

The bad:

Had an issue early on with the magazine dropping out on the last shot (a few times). Called Kahr and they sent me a new mag catch spring that I replaced and it's been good since.

Secondly, I just had to send my barrel back. I had an issue with the slide locking up tight and not wanting to eject my carry ammo, Hornady 185 gr JHP/XTP. I'm no gunsmith but it appeared to me that the rounds were sticking in the barrel. Almost, like it had a suction on them. Upon inspection, I noted a yellowing/discoloration in the lower half and noted scaring on the bullets themselves. I also tried a few WWB rounds in it and noticed a very similar problem, not as bad but the rounds were hard to remove. Kahr told me their shop would inspect it and likely replace it.

Overall, I'm torn about the gun. I love it's lightweight, 19 oz I think and it's easy to shoot and carry. The carry part is what's troubling me at the moment. Honestly, I don't trust it right now and maybe that will change once the new barrel comes in and I have a chance to cycle a couple hundred rounds through it to check it out.

I'm not certain yet, may change my mind but I think once it's performing again it's up for sale.

Well I have been looking at these lately...kinda catching my eye. I wanna small possible pocket pistol, that I could possibly throw in a nice IWB too if I have to. If I am gonna have 5 rounds why not .45? Anybody else speak up...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have had zero prolems with mine.

I have owned a Kahr CW45 in the past and they are decent guns. It was easy to conceal and reliable. But I like Sigs and traded it for a sig. That's been about a year ago. I thought the recoil was a little heavy, but when I discovered that I was shooting Hornady 45+p I figured out why, I thought I had purchased regular 45 ammo, but I didn't look very well. It racked and fired H/P's very well.

I would like to have another, in the 40 caliber range. They are excellent guns and I would carry one anyday.

I have had mine for a month now. I have just about the required 200 rounds through it for the Kahr recommended break in. The first 100 WWB had quite a few FTE's mainly on the last round in the mag. The second 100 with through flawlessly. It does not have terrible recoil. My only complaint is the sharp angled slide stop wears on your thumb after a bunch of rounds. But this is not my range gun it's my carry gun. I'll put 50 or so rounds a month through it to remain profecient and shoot my Kimber for fun.

It is small and very light which is why I carry it. You must have some big pockets to carry it your front pocket. You can't with Jeans on or someone will think your happy to see them!

I carry mine in a Galco USA IWB and also in a chest kangaroo which is very comfy. I have carried it on my anke in a DeSantis Apache but I would not want to do that if I'm walking alot.

Overall it's a very nice piece and will be my main carry for awhile. Actually thinking of a PM9 as a BUG. It's even smaller! I'd get a P380but 380 is expensive and hard to find.

Yes

I am very glad I bought mine a year ago.

I fits in my pocket much better than my other .45s

Go for it..
    Jim
    Stand up for what's right..... Even if you stand alone.

I just bought the PM9 and read all about the recoil. I also bought the kel tec p-3at and read about that recoil! I guess its all subjective because I thought it was non existence I guess everyones threshold is different.

******...now I have to buy another gun...I wish Kahr did like Kimber and had a carry gun designed precisely with Crimson Trace built right in...

I love my MK9 but would love to have 45 the same size. That's what I want, an MK45...get on it Kahr!

I almost bought the pm45 on impulse today at the gun store. All I wanted was a belt, that they still don't have in my size!!! 42-44 by the way, nothing special. Had my little fun account had the money in it, I would have bought it in a NY minute. I put some money in that account, as my wife doesn't even know I have for reasons like this, and may stop by and pick it up in the am. Is $685 bad? I thought the msrp was over $900.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links