M&P 45 vs H&K USP 45

M&P 45 vs H&K USP 45

This is a discussion on M&P 45 vs H&K USP 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a H&K USP 45 that I have had for several years. It is 100% mint. You couldn't tell the difference between mine from ...

Thread: M&P 45 vs H&K USP 45

M&P 45 vs H&K USP 45

I have a H&K USP 45 that I have had for several years. It is 100% mint. You couldn't tell the difference between mine from a new one.

I just recently bought a M&P 9mm and flat out love it. I love the feel and I like the looks.

I can trade my USP for a new M&P 45 even up. I'm having a hard time not doing it. The problem is I feel like this really isn't a good idea. I'm trading a higher priced pistol for one that's less expensive.

I have no problems with the H&K and it shoots really well. I just like the feel and looks of the M&P better. The USP just seems like a brick compared to the M&P.

What's everyone's thoughts about this?

If you want to get rid of the HK I would at least sell it outright, don't trade it, you will be losing money on that deal. You should be able to sell the HK pretty easily and have more than enough to cover buying the S&W. HKs really hold their value very well. Or just save money up for the S&W and keep both I am partial to HKs so I wouldn't sell it but thats just me. If you have no use for it do what you need to do.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Quote Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
    I have a H&K USP 45 that I have had for several years. It is 100% mint. You couldn't tell the difference between mine from a new one.

I just recently bought a M&P 9mm and flat out love it. I love the feel and I like the looks.

I can trade my USP for a new M&P 45 even up. I'm having a hard time not doing it. The problem is I feel like this really isn't a good idea. I'm trading a higher priced pistol for one that's less expensive.

I have no problems with the H&K and it shoots really well. I just like the feel and looks of the M&P better. The USP just seems like a brick compared to the M&P.

What's everyone's thoughts about this?
    I have 7 M&Ps including the M&P Pro. Yes I like the M&Ps as does my wife.

My suggestion would be if you could keep your H&K and save up to buy the .45 M&P, then do it. I have traded many guns in my lifetime and shortly afterwards I would kick myself for trading instead of just buy a new.

You will not go wrong getting an M&P 45. Have you visited this site:
    The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com

Good luck!!!
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Dont trade the HK for the Smith straight up...that is not a good trade....at least ask for some cash or ammo or something.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Try what I did, I traded a H&K USP45 for an M&P9 with a crimson trace laser grips. I traded it to a dealer during a local gun show. At first the dealer said throw in $100 and you've got a deal. I agreed that him paying me $100 more would make it a better deal. We haggled for a bit more and he finally saw it my way. So a safe queen is gone and I now have a high cap weapon with laser grips that my wife can handle in an emergency.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    KY CCDW Instructor

I would sell the H&K outright if you are comfortable doing that. If not then haggle for a better trade...if that does not work then just trade and be done with it (assuming that you can't/don't want to afford to keep the H&K.

I have had the same sentiments with H&K vs. M&P and my M&P's just fit me like an old shoe. I put 400 rnds through my new 1911 yesterday and when I picked up my M&P 45 FS to shoot it was like...aaaahhhhhhh...this feels good! H&K makes a fine weapon but I think that although the purchase prices are very different the M&P is every bit as good.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Things like this depend upon your 'economic status'...if you have the money to keep the original and buy the next one, go for it.
    I have traded off pistols and regretted the deal, but I have also traded and never missed them.

In the 'big picture', one or two C-notes, one way or the other really makes no BIG difference over time. Life is short and I say get what gives you the best opportunity for the most effective SD plan.

I'm not made of money, but I've made money on deals and lost money on deals...life goes on...and on...and on, hopefully.

Ever see a 'U-Haul' behind a hearse?
    Go improve your SD plan.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The only gun I've ever regretted letting go was my full size H&K USP in .45(variant 1). Unfortunately, I was having a tough time financially and needed the money quickly.

I would say that if you have the means to do it, I would say save up the money for the M&P. If that's not really an option, and you REALLY want the M&P, then go for it.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I'm in a similar situation. I have a HK USPf 9mm with a LEM trigger and though I like it more than many other pistols, after shooting the M&P, I prefer the M&P. I plan to buy an M&P and then sell the HK later this year

Personally I would keep it, but if you want the S&W then sell it outright. I went in to talk trade at a local store about a year ago on two different guns. Both of the offers made me sick as hell. I ended up keeping both of them, locking them up and buying others. If I hear that someone is looking to buy one of these, I'll pull them out and sell them for a fair price to both parties. JMO

Sell your HK, then buy an M&P if you like them. with the left over cash buy a couple of cases of ammo.

The USP vs M&P is apples to oranges. The M&P is no where near the USP in terms of accuracy or quality, or resale value. My 0.02

I am with you on the feel between the two platforms, and in your shoes I would be moving to the M&P... I know because I did. I sold off two Glocks after purchasing my first two M&P's. They just didn't have a place in the safe anymore.

I will always have my 1911's and Sig's, but when the M&P bug bites you, it is very hard to ignore.

M&P40
    M&P357
    M&P9c
    M&P9 Pro Series
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

I want to thank everyone for their input. I decided to keep the H&K.

I do want to know why everyone says the H&K is all quality. Maybe I'm just blind but I don't see any difference between my USP or P2000sk compared to my new M&P.

Patience is a virtue :-)

Wait and save..
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACT 235 Certified #45700

Sponsored Links