Kel Tec P-11 Problems

Kel Tec P-11 Problems

This is a discussion on Kel Tec P-11 Problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have only shot about 300 rounds through this pistol but I have had it for a few years. First the pistol has never locked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec P-11 Problems

Kel Tec P-11 Problems

I have only shot about 300 rounds through this pistol but I have had it for a few years. First the pistol has never locked the slide in the rear position when the clip was empty. And I have had one or two FTF in just about every clip. I recently removed the IWB clip from the pistol but I could not find my plastic body pins so I purchased another clip so I could use the steel pins that have round head screws. I also replaced the spring guide rod with a steel one, all from Kel-Tec. I have not shot the pistol yet, I am going to do that today. But with my two clip I fed 50 rounds through the pistol by racking the slide. These were JHPs. I have several FTF and a FTE that caused a bullet to jam into one that was already in the barrel. Any idea what may be going on here? Weak magazine spring? Lemon? Not only am I going to fire this pistol at the range I am also going to fire the Glock 19 I am eyeballing. The only reason I carry a pistol is if I have to defend myself against being killed, it is unlikely I will be able to do that if after the first shot I have to use a P-11 as a hand weapon.

I would send it back to Kel Tec. They will make it right.

You're talking about racking the slide by hand?

If so, I'd take it to the range and see how it performs first.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Their is a Keltec forum that you might want to try for some advice. Its at KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

KelTec will make it right...call them, and then send that sucker off.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Kel-Tec probably has the best customer service of any firearm manufacter, call them and they will fix it.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Unfortunately in the last move I lost my receipt. But I fired it today at the range and it fired great. Before taking it out I cleaned it real good and put 2 drops of Otis cleaner/Lubricant on the slides. Shot like a dream.

Glad it shot well. Cycling rounds by hand is never a good test of function. Need to shoot it to see how it does.

So you've got about 300 through it and thats a good break in number for sure. As was mentioned, cycling by hand is never a good measure of performance. JHP's or FMJ's? Do both jam? What grain?

Wost case scenario you give it a trip to Florida and it comes back perfect.

Im all about the P11.

OK change that. Wost case scenario for you is it doesnt get fixed and I buy it from you for a very low price LOL

Seriously, Keltec will make it right.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I had a P11, and it as nothing but problems. It would stove pipe, and have FTF problems as well. On top of that, the trigger would wear blisters on my finger. I had to wear Band-Aids on my trigger finger of the right and left hand just to qualify with it for my CCW. It was so bad that I couldn't depend on it in an emergency. Since that was the reason that I bought it, I wasn't pleased. I ended up selling it back to the dealer for half what I paid.

I was shooting JHP because there are no 9mm rounds available around here so that is all I had. I hope I do not have any more problems because like I said I lost the bill of sale. For some reason I didn't staple it to the owners manual like I do with my power tools. And the owners manual says that you have to have the bill of sale for repairs.

i got two p11 and never had any problems with either of them. it could be a mag problem it the slide is not locking back. call kel tec and they help you with the problems..and/or they might want you to send it in to them. either way they will fix the gun. you don't need a bill of sale to have the gun fixed by them. they have send me parts for my p32 and p3at on a phone call.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Gun works great now. Just need to give them a call so I can get the plastic frame pins, detail #202, to replace the fasteners that came with my old belt clip.

Kel-Tec's like plenty of oil on the slide rails. The Kel-Tec customer service will take care of any problems that you might have.

KT customer service is fantastic, I can tell you first hand. I called and told them about my stovepipe problem. I was told of a bad batch of extractors. They sent me the new extractor and pin in a few days. Installed and now it runs great. For some reason, the greene and white box Remmington 115 grain hollow point runs the best. Win White box is the worst in the gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links