Defensive Carry banner

Does such a thing exist...

4K views 44 replies 31 participants last post by  ExSoldier 
#1 ·
I would love to support the American economy by buying a quality American pistol/s for ccw. I define this as parts and assembly being done in the good, old U.S. of A. Is there such an animal on the market or is that an unrealistic expectation? Thoughts and input welcome.

#40 ·
Another reason I had been pondering this is if the current administration got a ban on foreign guns, ammo, and parts passed. That is the reason I have seriously been evaluating my future purchases and cosidering calibers and product common to America. Don't get me wrong,I like the Glock, SIG, and CZ products. Glock and SIG have become my favorites. My concern is to support our economy while getting a reliable, quality product. Also if I want to effect repairs on my own I want to be able to get the parts/spares I need. These are the reasons I have been seriously looking at the M&P pistol line. Is my thinking skewed?

#42 ·
Hmmmmmmmm

Another reason I had been pondering this is if the current administration got a ban on foreign guns, ammo, and parts passed. That is the reason I have seriously been evaluating my future purchases and cosidering calibers and product common to America. Don't get me wrong,I like the Glock, SIG, and CZ products. Glock and SIG have become my favorites. My concern is to support our economy while getting a reliable, quality product. Also if I want to effect repairs on my own I want to be able to get the parts/spares I need. These are the reasons I have been seriously looking at the M&P pistol line. Is my thinking skewed?
A little bit. There are so many guns and gun parts the moment something like this really happens there will be an instant national black market. But that's really not the point I'm trying to make, which is: If this happens we'll have a LOT more to worry about then long term maintenance! The M&P is a good gun (I personally don't really care for them, but it's subjective for me rather than a complaint on reliability, etc) but don't use "logistics" as a reason over joy for buying any gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.