Shot my first Glock Today

This is a discussion on Shot my first Glock Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a G22 and G27. Love them both. Every time I have let others shoot my G22 I almost have to wrestle it loose ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot my first Glock Today

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have a G22 and G27. Love them both. Every time I have let others shoot my G22 I almost have to wrestle it loose from their hands. A good friend shot my G22 a few times and went and purchased a G19. We took it and his two boys, than 12 and 14, to the range. Both of the boys tried the 19 put it dawn and took turns the rest of the day with my 22. Both said they much preferred the 40SW round.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Surprisingly good guns...

I've had a couple of Glocks (G19 and G23) for 10 years and have shot them a lot. Although I have many other handguns in fancier brands than Glock, I have a high opinion of the accuracy, reliability and durability of the Glocks.

They are homely guns with odd triggers and uncomfortable grips, but they work every time and give me excellent groups on a target. I like having the same trigger pull on every shot and not having to mess with a manual safety. Although I'd rather admire a stainless Colt with cocobolo wood grips, I find myself using a Glock frequently for carry or home defense. They do their job, at reasonable cost.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I love my G22!

GLOCKs Rock!!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Love my 23, you will too! Glock on my brother.
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

My G23 has been my constant companion for over 9 years now. It is a faithful and trusted servant. Love mine.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

All three of my Glocks are my carry choices... and no others.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I have 5 Glocks love them all. 23,27,19, 2 model 21's

There are those who just don't like Glocks. If that includes having having fired a few rounds, I respect a Glock is just not for them.

At first I did not like Glocks. After shooting one, a lot changed.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

My G30 never misses a beat. It has performed perfectly for two years now. I wish it was a little thinner.

Shot a G19 but didn't care for it. Rented a G22 the following week, giving Gaston's guns one more chance. OMG, what a world of difference. Ordered one immediately. Love the caliber and the full sized frame. The new fish gills and RTF2 finish are bonuses.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    There are those who just don't like Glocks. If that includes having having fired a few rounds, I respect a Glock is just not for them.

At first I did not like Glocks. After shooting one, a lot changed.
    Glad to see you had a good experience.

I don't have a problem with those who have tried a Glock and found that it's not for them. They made an objective decision based on experience.

I do have a problem with those that dismiss a Glock without ever having tried one. "It's ugly." Of course it's ugly, it's a utilitarian weapon! If you want a beautiful piece of artwork, spend twice as much and keep it in the safe.

I just bought my first Glock.

I just bought a G27 after much consideration - for the price it delivers the right size with the right punch. I had considered smaller guns like the KelTec pf9 and pf11 and the Ruger LCP, but I feel more comfortable with a .40 cal. Kahr and Walther offer slimmer .40 cal subcompacts, but their prices are too high for me.

QUESTION: I saw someone who used G23 magazines in his G27 when he didn't need to be ultra concealed. He had an adapter that slipped around the base of the magazine to form a continuous grip. I can't find those anywhere. Any one out there know who makes them, what they're called and where to get some? On some days it'd be nice to have the option of carrying a 13 round magazine with a nice full-sized grip.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hankatola View Post
    I just bought a G27 after much consideration - for the price it delivers the right size with the right punch. I had considered smaller guns like the KelTec pf9 and pf11 and the Ruger LCP, but I feel more comfortable with a .40 cal. Kahr and Walther offer slimmer .40 cal subcompacts, but their prices are too high for me.

QUESTION: I saw someone who used G23 magazines in his G27 when he didn't need to be ultra concealed. He had an adapter that slipped around the base of the magazine to form a continuous grip. I can't find those anywhere. Any one out there know who makes them, what they're called and where to get some? On some days it'd be nice to have the option of carrying a 13 round magazine with a nice full-sized grip.
    Here's one source:

Magazines Extensions/Adapters

I am seeing a lot of comments about the size of the pistol handle and feel, but it is still very accurate. Still looking Fwd to getting a G23!

R/S Lego

What a great day, went to a gun show in Northern Alabama and finally got a Glock 23 for $400.00. I am planning to head to the range first thing in the morning. Note they had plenty of 380 ammo, average cost $25.00 for 50rds of ball.

R/S Lego

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links