I've Got A Decision To Make. Need Input.

This is a discussion on I've Got A Decision To Make. Need Input. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tax money coming in and I'm going to add another gun to my concealed carry choices. It's down to two selections. 1. I've always had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Got A Decision To Make. Need Input.

I've Got A Decision To Make. Need Input.

Tax money coming in and I'm going to add another gun to my concealed carry choices. It's down to two selections.

1. I've always had an itch for a 1911 style gun and I'm looking at one of the Kimber Ultra's in .45 with CT grips.

2. Since at this time my two carry guns both are 6+1 (.45 & 9mm) I would also like very much to have a higher capacity Glock G19. I'll add the CT grips on that too. Only .24" longer than my G36 so they'll carry about the same.

Decision, decisions, decisions... What would you do?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

Get a gun with soul that works well as a club when empty :)
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Senior Moderator
    Since you've already got the Glock, you might as well get the Kimber.

Ya only go around once.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

It just so happens that most of my concealed carry pistols are higher capacity. I'd have no problems getting the one I wanted even if it were 7 or 8+1. Matter of fact, I'd kind of like to have a 1911 pistol again soon. Love my P220 with 8+1, and I'm sure magazines for 1911 style pistols are a lot easier to find and cheaper now than hi-cappers aftermarket or surplus.

kpw
    Not crazy about 3" 1911s or lasers myself, but an itch for a 1911 is a good one to scratch. Kinda like 19s, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Not crazy about 3" 1911s or lasers myself, but an itch for a 1911 is a good one to scratch. Kinda like 19s, too.
    Would like to go with a larger 1911 but the G36 I have is pushing the limit of what I can conceal on my torso. The lasers are just a tool to aid these old eyes and they can come in very handy at times. You should watch the DVD Crimson Trace gives away, it's a pretty convincing sales pitch.

Good stuff guys, keep it coming.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    sales pitch.
    You said it, I didnt. Forget the laser and you will be well on your way to purchasing both, no need to choose between the two.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Get the Kimber..I don't see a decision that needs to be made.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I tend to echo what Hotguns mentioned. Since you already have a glock I would consider buying a Kimber. A little variety in your choice of firearms is a good idea.

At the moment I'm in the same situation. I still haven't bought my G17 or G19. I'm considering buying a different make & caliber of gun. Not that I don't love glock! I do, but a little variety in a gun collection is a good thing.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

kimber kimber....I'd go with the 4 " better recoil control..just as easy to conceal....
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

The G19 is an incredible gun and 9mm is cheaper. However you do have a .45 already and that would lower your ammo purchases with common calibers. Tough choice. I wouldnt want to change manual of arms personally and would go woth the g19, but thats me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I wouldn't want to change manual of arms personally and would go with the g19, but that's me.
    I have thought about that. Would require extra practice drawing but I'm willing to put in the time. Good point though. Do I really want a variety of different kinds? (Variety is the spice of life) Or play it safe and keep things basically the same? Hmmmm...
    Jeff
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Would like to go with a larger 1911 but the G36 I have is pushing the limit of what I can conceal on my torso. The lasers are just a tool to aid these old eyes and they can come in very handy at times. You should watch the DVD Crimson Trace gives away, it's a pretty convincing sales pitch...
    Well, I get the whole laser thing’ as you mentioned. My eyes aren’t what they use to be, and the first time I shot a J-Frame with a “CT”, I was impressed.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

johnsonabq,
    Go with the Kimber Ultra II with CT you will not be disappointed.
    Practice your grip technique... it packs a punch and is very accurate.

Tax money coming in and I'm going to add another gun to my concealed carry choices. It's down to two selections.

1. I've always had an itch for a 1911 style gun and I'm looking at one of the Kimber Ultra's in .45 with CT grips.

2. Since at this time my two carry guns both are 6+1 (.45 & 9mm) I would also like very much to have a higher capacity Glock G19. I'll add the CT grips on that too. Only .24" longer than my G36 so they'll carry about the same.

Decision, decisions, decisions... What would you do?
    I'd get a Glock 23 and drop in a 9mm Barrel and use the Glock 19 Magazines at the Range.

What I like about the 40 caliber is the versatility, but for defensive use I would use and carry whatever caliber the gun is originally chambered for. With that said, until recently I have never been a fan of the 40 caliber and I still believe that everyone should own a Glock 19 if they own more than one handgun.

If you have your heart set on the Glock 19 then get the Glock 19. It's a good weapon. What I am advising people to do, lately, is to have more than one or two calibers that they can shoot. The recent ammunition shortage should explain why.

You may find .357 Sig for sale, but not find any 9mm. I know last week there wasn't any 9mm ammunition to be found in all of Phoenix, AZ. I found .40 and .357 Sig. Next week it may be different, and I won't be able to find any .40.

I do think you would be well served with a weapon with a higher ammunition capacity though, compared to your "single-stack" handguns now. By having a "double-stack" and your two "single-stacks" you will have more options, and that's what it's all about.

Biker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links