Almost purchased .380 ACP, but

This is a discussion on Almost purchased .380 ACP, but within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad I bought my 380 ammo back awhile back!! Especially the Buffalo Bore stuff. I would buy dies and start reloading for it but I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost purchased .380 ACP, but

Glad I bought my 380 ammo back awhile back!! Especially the Buffalo Bore stuff. I would buy dies and start reloading for it but I rarely shoot the 380's I have.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I haven't shot my P3AT in quite some time... actually, since I got my last ATG order in January. I've got a box of Hornady Critical Defense and that's it for .380. As far as I'm concerned, if I need to use the P3AT, I'm well beyond the need for an ammo stockpile for it. 9mm and 5.56 on the other hand is a different story.

The ammo shortage is still pretty acute across the board. The 380 especially seems to be bad. The 380 has become very popular and has stressed the supply. I already own one 380 and will not buy another. I have a .38, a 9mm, and a .40. If I purchase another handgun it ill probably be a another 9mm.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

I got a double whammy for waiting.

(1) I put money down on a Bersa Thunder CC for the wife. I didn't find this out until week 6 of my wait, but now they tell me that I might have to wait six months, a year, who knows. They make no promises as to when they can get that little .380 in for me.

(2) I now require .380 ammo and of course there isn't much. I have been able to find a good supply of premium defensive ammo but no such luck finding WWB or UMC for breaking the pistol in (200 - 500 rnds) and thereafter practice.

welcome to the forum,
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

I just got my Keltec P3at. He had 1 box hid back for each of the guns he got in to sell. Sure would like to go out and send some down range with it and and the 9mm's. Maybe it will end soon.

I've been getting FMJ .380 from Georgia Ammo and have plenty of it. Getting quality Corbon or Hornady loads for personal defense is another matter. When I carry the P232 in 380 it has FMJ in it. Better than nuthin.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    My wife's gun is a P232 and luckily I already have enough for her to go to the range 3-5 times and I bought 3 boxes of Ranger T-Series from SCGunguy a couple of months ago. It's not a lot, but hopefully by the time she runs out, there will be plenty available.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

As popular as .380's are, it makes you wonder why there would be a shortage.

I went to my local Wally World yesterday. I typically go there on Monday mornings because I have learned that they always get their ammo in and put it on the shelf on Sunday nights. Anyway, I didn't get there until almost 10:00 AM because I had to do some work first thing in the morning.

Even though I was able to score 2 boxes of .45 and 2 boxes of 9mm, they told me that a case of .380 had come in as well but they had already sold out. I could have kicked myself, been looking for it for months.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

yes, 380 acp ammo is hard to find. get the gun and start looking for the ammo. want be long the gun will be hard to find also.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I'm at the opposite end. I have a bunch of .380 ammo and no .380 gun yet. I started stocking up over a year ago (12/08) when I originally ordered my Seecamp .380. By buying a box(es) here a box(es) there when ordering other stuff, I've actually ended up with a good amount. I thought the Seecamp would be done by now but according to Seecamp, the .380 ammo shortage is causing extra delays. They don't have enough ammo to test fire apparently. So I'll continue to stare at my lonely ammo (and holsters) for hopefully only about another month.

Quote Originally Posted by drs1457 View Post
    I've been getting FMJ .380 from Georgia Ammo and have plenty of it. Getting quality Corbon or Hornady loads for personal defense is another matter. When I carry the P232 in 380 it has FMJ in it. Better than nuthin.
    Do you have a website for Georgia Ammo? I sure would like to get some of that 380.

.380 in stock at Widners

I just bought my LCP and was able to find one box of .380 on my 4th call. Ran to the store and they had two boxes, but would only sell me one. I've been calling all over the area almost daily looking for more. I ordered 2 boxes from Midway earlier this week and the site said it will be in stock on 4/21. I'll wait and see if it comes in as scheduled....I will also continue to call around.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links