My new Taurus 24/7 Pro Range report

This is a discussion on My new Taurus 24/7 Pro Range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was all excited about my new Taurus 45. till I put a 100 rounds through it today The thing was shooting at least a ...

Thread: My new Taurus 24/7 Pro Range report

My new Taurus 24/7 Pro Range report

I was all excited about my new Taurus 45. till I put a 100 rounds through it today The thing was shooting at least a foot low at 15 yards ,and I had two failures in the first 100 rounds . One failure to feed and one failure to eject I went in to the gunshop there Teneroc in Lakeland and the owner asked me how it was shooting and I told him not worth a Damn ! You wanna buy a gun I asked he asked what the problem was and I told him.

He told me his friend had the same problem with one recently and told me I could send it back to Taurus his friend got his back in about three weeks but my feelings are if they let it leave the Factory shooting like that I dont want to deal with them ! I asked what do you got in .45 Glocks and he told me he had a Rental Glock model 21 and he said he could only give me $299 for the Taurus and he'd sell me the Glock for $435 I asked if he knew about how many rounds the Glock has fired and he estimated it at roughly 2000 he said most people rent the 9mm's I looked the gun over and it seemed nice and tight I said 2000 rounds its just gettin broke in then !

He told me's he's had it for about 10 months and took me back to his safe and showed me a 9mm glock 19 that hes got to send back for repair it had one of the metal inserts in the polymer frame that the slide fits in finally let go he uses it for training classes and demonstrations told me how he's abused it bounced it off of concrete floors ect. He said he couldnt even guess how many rounds have been shot through it , Probably 80,000+

Any way he told me to take it out and shoot it He wouldnt want to sell it to me unless I liked how it shoots so I said OK be back in a Little bit took it back down to the range and proceeded to shoot the center out of the target went back and told him SOLD!I gave him a 130 and some odd dollars and the P.O.S. ......Well I took it home and it cleaned up real nice he wasnt kiddin the guns in real good shape

I know a Glock 21 is a large gun for Concealed carry but I used to have one (kicked my self for getting rid of it)and I carried it and never had a problem, so Im now the proud Owner of a GLOCK 21 well I guess the Moral of this story is you get what you pay for and Ill never try to save a few bucks when buying something I may have count on to save me or my loved ones lives someday!

Oh and I just ordered a custom Cochise Defender lether IWB holster from K&D holsters today bad news is 6-8 weeks delivery they gotta make it

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    strange my taurus milen.. 45 ( non pro ) seems to shoot good so far but i just put 2 mags thro it informaly so far so no range report .. anyway congrats on the new tactical tupperware LOL

I'm running a little experiment on my H&K full size USP45: I haven't cleaned it since I brought it home. It only has the lube that came on the gun from the factory. I figured I'd shoot it until I got a failure. Nearly 2000 rds as of last Saturday and not a burp. Nothing. Nada. Zero failures....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Bad start Scotty - but good outcome it seems.

Sorry to hear the Taurus was that bad - surprised even, despite not being a huge fan of Taurus semi's. The 21 tho will take pretty much all the punishment you can throw at it
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sounds like a good trade for you given your experience. Too bad about the Taurus. I have a G17, the wife a G26. Lower caliber, but we both love 'em to death, even if they are squat and ugly. LOL.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Links