I finally drank the Glock Kool-Aid...

This is a discussion on I finally drank the Glock Kool-Aid... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And man, was it sweet! I was at the range yesterday breaking in one of my new Steyr M9-A1's when the guy in the shooting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally drank the Glock Kool-Aid...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

I finally drank the Glock Kool-Aid...

And man, was it sweet! I was at the range yesterday breaking in one of my new Steyr M9-A1's when the guy in the shooting lane next to me was shooting a G27 so I asked if I could try it out. Well I'll be damned if it wasn't some of the best groups I ever shot with a sub compact pistol of any brand.

The Steyr shoots like a dream too (especially with my new SS guide rod from Big Taco over at www.steyrclub.com) but it is a full "duty" sized weapon with a full size sight picture to take advantage of. The little G27 was a superb shooter. He had a pinky extension and I think it helped me because otherwise the gun had always felt a little short in the grip for my tastes.

I had my Walther PPS (9mm) and a S&W 642 too but was having a "hit or miss" range day with those two. The Glock however was hitting in the zone with every shot. I liked it so much that I went to my FFL today and bought the last one he had in stock. I will pick it up tomorrow evening after registering it with my local pistol permit office.

I sure am glad that guy was so generous with the goods in his range bag. I got to use his .40 Kel-Tec Sub-2000 as well as a Bushmaster Carbon .223 pistol. What a way to spend a Wednesday night.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Welcome to the "dark side."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

wow, that sounds great! I have a feeling I'm gonna get a sip of that before long myself. There are so many guns I want, I have a feeling once I start work full-time I'm gonna have to work something out to control myself.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Congratulations on your new Glock. I have never thought it "drinking the Koolaid" but rather of coming into enlightenment. I also do not agree with people who think Glocks are ugly. They shine with functional beauty. As you become "familiar" with the gun you will grow to love it.

Congrats on a great gun, second part you said scared me

"I liked it so much that I went to my FFL today and bought the last one he had in stock. I will pick it up tomorrow evening after registering it with my local pistol permit office."

eek, gun registration...its just the first step lol

VIP Member
    The Darkside is insidious and persistent!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The Darkside is insidious and persistent!

Congratulations on your first Glock! Once you buy one Glock you always want another one. You might want to buy the Pearce magazine extensions. That will give you a place for your "spare" finger. It makes all the difference in the world.

Again, welcome to the world of Glocks!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Once you have tasted Glock perfection it's easy to become dependent, a Glockaholic.

glocks are like tats. get one you got to have a second one. get the pearce plus one for your mag. on q-days i shoot a higher score with my g27 over my g23. old eyes must like shorter sight picture.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Moderator
    Congrats on your new Glock. I have a lot of choices available to carry and seems like I always come back to Glock.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Congrats on the new Glock. I'm hoping to add a G33 to my collection tomorrow at a local gunshow.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Welcome and I know you will enjoy the pistol. Get those grip extensions ordered up. Also remember what Yoda says “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not." I thought this sums up the little G27
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Congratulations on your first Glock! Once you buy one Glock you always want another one. You might want to buy the Pearce magazine extensions. That will give you a place for your "spare" finger. It makes all the difference in the world.

Again, welcome to the world of Glocks!
    I already purchased the two Pearce +0 mag extensions he had in stock. No additional capacity but I get the pinky spur. I may consider a +1 in the future because it doesn't add any additional length over the +0. Since NY doesn't allow anything over 10 in the mag a +1 would be maxin' me out.

I'm heading to my local pistol permit office in a few minutes (they open at 8:45am) to get it put on my permit and get my transfer coupon. Then I wait for my FFL guy to get home so I can pick up my newest addition to the family!

Is that what I am now? I'm a "Glockaholic?" lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links